topic in the JTAlert "Frequently Asked Questions" (HELP).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-16 10:00 PM, Darin Snell via groups.io wrote:
I have been using a  older version of JTAlert with no issue, but I have downloaded v. 2.50.0 and I'm getting this message. I'm not the most computer literate but the ports match and it is connected to Log4om. just having a issue connecting to WSJT-X or JTDX. I'm wondering if i should go multicast or not.

Dave Garber

I have mine working with wsjtx-Jtalert- and then to log4om2, also have in there a udp to gridtracker, and then on to n3fjp ( as my backup to the backups), on another computer.  I am not using multicast

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 10:30 PM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

For WSJTX to connect to *both* JTAlert and Log4OM you will need to
use a multicast UDP address in WSJTX.  See the "WSJTX UDP Setup"

On 2021-04-16 10:00 PM, Darin Snell via groups.io wrote:
> I have been using a  older version of JTAlert with no issue, but I have downloaded v. 2.50.0 and I'm getting this message. I'm not the most computer literate but the ports match and it is connected to Log4om. just having a issue connecting to WSJT-X or JTDX. I'm wondering if i should go multicast or not.

Darin Snell

Still having issues. I was using v2.14 for some time because 2.16 was doing the same thing. I saw the new features and downloaded. It has no issue finding log4om but I tried looking for the files highlighted and they where not there. I even deleted everything from WSJT-X & JTDX but the log book. Reset everything up but got the same issue. Its problably a id10t user issue, but have not figured it yet

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 2021-04-16 10:00 PM, Darin Snell via groups.io wrote:
> I have been using a  older version of JTAlert with no issue, but I have downloaded v. 2.50.0 and I'm getting this message. I'm not the most computer literate but the ports match and it is connected to Log4om. just having a issue connecting to WSJT-X or JTDX. I'm wondering if i should go multicast or not.

Ed K0iL

Edited

Same exact thing happening here too.  Laurie VK3AMA thinks it's my Norton 360 app blocking, but both JTDX and WSJT-X both have exactly the same Norton ratings and they both work fine.  Now JT Alert starts up but has only the menu block appear with no windows, no sounds.  My old JT-A personal settings still remained.  But no JT Alert functions.

Did you also have Multiple Instances set up and working for JT Alert on the old version like I did?

73, de ed -K0iL

Darin Snell

I have Webroot but I’m not home now. I’ll give it a look when back at the shack
Thanks
De KD8WBZ

On Apr 17, 2021, at 1:07 PM, Ed K0iL <eddieedwards@...> wrote:

Same exact thing happening here too.  Laurie VK3AMA thinks it's my Norton 360 app blocking, but both JTDX and WSJT-X both have exactly the same Norton ratings and they both work fine.  Now JT Alert starts up but has only the menu block appear with no windows, no sounds.  My old JT-S settings still remained.  But no JT Alert functions.

Did you also have Multiple Instances set up and working for JT Alert on the old version like I did?

73, de ed -K0iL

Ed K0iL

Darin,

I gave up on 2.50.0 and just reloaded 2.16.7 which is working good just like it has all year.  2.50.0 is too complicated for me.

Joe Subich, W4TV

All my settings in both apps match what are recommended. Still
nothing on JT Alert 2.50 is working: no callsign windows or any
other view windows, no sound alerts, no messages, nothing. Just
the menu appears.
Have you checked the Windows Firewall (Settings -> Windows Security ->
Firewall & Network Protection)? Click on "allow an app through
firewall". Scroll down and make sure that "JTAlertV2.Manager" is
allowed through the firewall (at least for Private networks). Also
make sure all components of your logger and WSJTX are allowed through
the firewall.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-17 2:14 PM, Ed K0iL wrote:
I'm having the exact same issue, but I use DX Lab Suite/DX Keeper.
Laurie (VK3...) thinks it's my Norton blocking operation; however, all the JT Alert files have exactly the same Norton security ratings as WSJT-X and JTDX which are both working fine.
All my settings in both apps match what are recommended.  Still nothing on JT Alert 2.50 is working: no callsign windows or any other view windows, no sound alerts, no messages, nothing.  Just the menu appears.

Darin Snell

Sort of weird but I see grid tracker, log4om on the list ( allowed thru ) but it doesn’t have WSJT/JTDX, hamapps/JTAlert listed anywhere on the firewall list. Tried to hunt down the file you mentioned but didn’t find it
Thanks for everyone’s help
Darin. KD8WBZ