locked JTAlert 2.50.0 boot up error

Kevin k5vp

Hi Laurie,

I'm running Win10 32 bit, .NET 5 installed.  I got the attached banner errors on boot up.  I've rebooted the computer & got the same startup errors.

I believe I've gone through the release notes & have everything in order.  But, maybe not?

I have switched back to 2.16.17 & all is running normal now.

Please advise if there is other info I can send or if I have overlooked something.

73,

Kevin k5vp

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/04/2021 8:21 am, Kevin k5vp wrote:

I'm running Win10 32 bit, .NET 5 installed.  I got the attached banner errors on boot up.  I've rebooted the computer & got the same startup errors.

I believe I've gone through the release notes & have everything in order.  But, maybe not?

I have switched back to 2.16.17 & all is running normal now.

Please advise if there is other info I can send or if I have overlooked something.

73,

Kevin k5vp

You can ignore the second error (AutoIT error) that is being thrown due to the critical JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process not running. That process is automatically started by main JTAlert window, it is a background process without a window.
If JTAlert is reporting it was unable to start the Manager that indicates that it issued the startup command but the process was not found when trying to confirm correct startup.

Likely your PC protection software is interfering in the startup of JTAlertV2.Manager.exe, you may have to flag the file as safe. Note: the same named file exists with JTAlert 2.16.17, but it is in a different location and uses the older .NET Framework technology compared to the new .NET 5 runtime. The new file is located in the "PluginsX" directory which is new with 2.50.0, while the old file is in the "Plugins" (no "X") directory. I suggest flagging the directory as safe.

de Laurie VK3AMA