Topics

JTAlert 2.15.3 fine enhancements. Audio.

Mark W2OR

Very fine enhancements in v.2.15.3 ...
and thank you very much for those, Laurie.

e.g. the "Sound ON/OFF" tab options, its convenient location,
and other enhancements.

// Mark
.. w2or ..

Bob Willey

Is there an enhancement coming, or maybe it is already there.
When it files the 1 or 2 lines of call signs in JTAlert
I want a way to change the time that they fill the screen before disappearing.
Right now, they disappear about 1/2 way thru the cycle and it is 1/2 cycle before the next batch populates.
Ideally, I would like it to go a full cycle, so that it stays on the screen (for my senior eyes) to read and react to, and stays in place, until the next batch populates, replacing them.
That would be perfect for me.

Thanks for all you do.

photo
Bob Willey
K3RLW

(410) 251-8960 | K3RLW@...

http://qrz.com/db/K3RLW

5161 Ocean Gateway, Trappe Maryland 21673-2023 USA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/11/2019 6:35 am, Bob Willey wrote:
Is there an enhancement coming, or maybe it is already there.
When it files the 1 or 2 lines of call signs in JTAlert
I want a way to change the time that they fill the screen before disappearing.
Right now, they disappear about 1/2 way thru the cycle and it is 1/2 cycle before the next batch populates.
Ideally, I would like it to go a full cycle, so that it stays on the screen (for my senior eyes) to read and react to, and stays in place, until the next batch populates, replacing them.
That would be perfect for me.

Thanks for all you do.

Bob Willey

Bob,

When you say "cycle" I assume your referring to the time for a Rx period and a Tx period.
JTAlert doesn't distinguish between Tx and Rx periods, it simply clears the callsigns ~1.5 secs before the end of the current period. This will change in the future JTAlertV3 (still many months from release) but there is unlikely to be any changes within the current V2 series.

All is not lost however, if you have the Decodes Window open, past decodes are available for view. If you have never used the Decodes window you will need to enable the decodes collection in the JTAlert Settings, "Windows -> Decodes" section (top left of the section) other wise the window will be displayed without data and will not be updated at the end of each FT8 period.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bob Willey

This worked like a charm, fantastic.
I am so much happier now.
Have worked 59 countries and my 3 month anniversary is coming up on 12/6 since getting my Tech ticket.
Got my General and Amateur EXTRA a few weeks ago in one sitting.
Having a blast.

Now have 2m thru 160m with my ICOM IC-746PRO, and have digital all setup for all bands now.
Life is good.
Thanks very much.