locked JT Alert - Worked B4

Bob Frostholm

Is there a way to set the field color and / or border color for worked B4 to distinguish if a prior contact (workedB4) was on the current band or  a different band? I know I can right click and go the qso history but I'm interested to see at a glance.

Bob

Ko6Lu

--
Bob
KO6LU

Michael Black

If you set your filter "by band" you won't see "B4" on a different band.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, May 7, 2021, 03:51:30 PM CDT, Bob Frostholm <bob@...> wrote:

Is there a way to set the field color and / or border color for worked
B4 to distinguish if a prior contact (workedB4) was on the current band
or  a different band? I know I can right click and go the qso history
but I'm interested to see at a glance.

Bob

Ko6Lu

--
Bob
KO6LU

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 8/05/2021 6:51 am, Bob Frostholm wrote:
Is there a way to set the field color and / or border color for worked B4 to distinguish if a prior contact (workedB4) was on the current band or  a different band? I know I can right click and go the qso history but I'm interested to see at a glance.

Bob

Ko6Lu

Untick the "Ignore Band ..." setting for the "Worked B4" Alert

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bob Frostholm

Hi Laurie and Mike,

I am aware of "Ignore Band"... but that doesn't fit my need. Here's the situation... JARL offers an award for contacting as many cities as possible on as many bands as possible ( https://www.jarl.org/English/4_Library/A-4-2_Awards/Award_Main.htm )

So, when I see a Japan station I have worked B4 and I know I've not worked him on this band, I'll contact him. At the same time, if I see a station from, say, Australia that I've worked B4, I don't want to duplicate and call him again on this band. So I'm seeking a way to distinguish  if the worked B4 was this band I'm on now or a different band.

I'm guessing the answer is no....but wanted to ask.

73

Bob

Ko6Lu

On 8/05/2021 7:24 am, Bob Frostholm wrote:
when I see a Japan station I have worked B4 and I know I've not worked him on this band, I'll contact him

That's what the "Ignore Band" setting works. With it unchecked, A previously worked station on a different band will not show as a B4 on an un-worked Band. That's how I understand what you want from your above statement.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bob Frostholm

Yes, sort of....

but I'm only interested in contacting a worked B4 on a different band is it is a Japan station...That's the objective of their award

Here's an example... I have set Ignore Band...

I have worked JA0QVJ on 17m previously, so I don't want to call him... It also tells me I have not worked JI3VUB or JI1LET on 17m...since JI1LET just signed 73, I would call him... because he could help advance me toward the award I reference earlier. Or I might try to call JI3VUB.

I'm not interested in filling my log by working every station on every band except for Japan.

So if there were no Japan stations on the air, I might want to try to contact KL7GY...but I'm not interested to make another contact with him if I've worked him B4 on another band. I can not tell if I already have KL7GY in my log. Yes, I know I can right click and left click the JT Alert box to find out but that's cumbersome and time consuming.

73

Bob

Ko6Lu