locked JT Alert with JTDX - setup

Andy M0NKR

Afternoon,

I am after some assistance in setting up JTALERT.

I use Logger32 as the logbook and currently have spots coming from JTDX to the UDPband map window within Logger32.

I've loaded the latest JT Alert along with database and sounds.

what do I need to config to get JT alert to see the spots as I receive nothing.

73
Andy
M0NKR

Andy M0NKR

Thanks for the help!

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/03/2021 10:06 am, Andy M0NKR via groups.io wrote:
Thanks for the help!

Is this sarcasm or did you get a solution to your problem?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Andy M0NKR

sarcasm

no not found the solution.

I get no alerts nothig, do I need to set anything up, do I point it to a log somewhere?

73
de Andy M0NKR

Jim N6VH

On 3/20/2021 10:45 AM, Andy M0NKR via groups.io wrote:
sarcasm

no not found the solution.

I get no alerts nothig, do I need to set anything up, do I point it to a log somewhere?

73
de Andy M0NKR
_._,_._,_

Andy,

I checked your original message, and I have some questions. You said "what do I need to config to get JT alert to see the spots as I receive nothing."

By spots, do you mean you are not seeing calls transferred from JTDX to JTalert?  If so, do you have any filters set that would keep from seeing any calls being transferred?

You mentioned that you don't get any alerts. You also said you use Logger32. To the best of my knowledge, JTAlert does not interact with Logger32, so there won't be any alerts generated from that source.

You also said you "currently have spots coming from JTDX to the UDPband map window within Logger32." What settings do you have in JTDX to do that? Could you post a screen shot of your settings window where you have those settings? A screen shot, NOT a picture taken with a cell phone, please. For example. here is a screen shot of my Reportings tab in JTDX.

73,

Jim N6VH

Andy M0NKR

By spots, do you mean you are not seeing calls transferred from JTDX to JTalert? Correct I see nothing - No filters are set as i'm aware.

You also said you "currently have spots coming from JTDX to the UDPband map window within Logger32." What settings do you have in JTDX to do that? Could you post a screen shot of your settings window where you have those settings?Logger32 is looking at the UDP port to populate the band map

73
De M0NKR

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/03/2021 1:49 am, Andy M0NKR via groups.io wrote:
I am after some assistance in setting up JTALERT.

I use Logger32 as the logbook and currently have spots coming from JTDX to the UDPband map window within Logger32.

I've loaded the latest JT Alert along with database and sounds.

what do I need to config to get JT alert to see the spots as I receive nothing.

73
Andy
M0NKR

JTAlert cannot work with the Logger32 Log file due to its proprietary nature.

It is my understanding that Logger32 does not support multicast UDP so it takes exclusive control of the JTDX UDP server port which prevents JTAlert from receiving the JTDX (or WSJT-X) UDP traffic.

If I am wrong about multicast support in Logger32 (a search of its groups message archive returned zero results, so it likely doesn't) than it should be a simple matter of enabling multicast in JTDX and Logger32 (JTAlert automatically switches to multicast if JTDX is detected using it) for all apps to run concurrently sharing the same UDP data stream. Even if that is possible that still leaves JTAlert unable to read the Logger32 log, it would be easiest to not use JTAlert. in that situation, IMHO.

de Laurie VK3AMA