locked jt alert not working.

deni

Hey all,

I am trying to get jtalert working with jtdx.  At this point I am being unsuccessful.  I have used the standard setup under reporting in jtdx, but stilll nothing happens.  It just sets there and does nothing.  I am a little lost with jtalert.

Any help appreciated

73 - deni
WBØTAX

Jim Cooper

On 27 Jul 2021 at 12:13, deni wrote:

I am trying to get jtalert working
with jtdx.  At this point I am being
unsuccessful.  I have used the
standard setup under reporting in
jtdx, but stilll nothing happens.
It just sets there and does
nothing.  I am a little lost with
jtalert.

Any help appreciated
as has been said here so many times, even
just recently (did you read any of the mail
archive here to see if your problems were
discussed?) ... a message like yours is like
you went on the radio and said
"I'm lost somewhere west of the Rocky Mtns. ...
can you please help me get home?"

In other words, you told us things are not
working ... "doctor, I don't feel well .. what's
wrong?" what would your doctor do?

You told us NOTHING about symptoms or
what's not working. Take a deep breath, sit
back, and write another email with DETAILS
and lots of folks here will try to help.

DAVID MM0AMW

Deni,

I'm not sure why the title bar isn't showing which band you're on but it looks like you have some filter/filters enabled which may be blocking any decodes showing in the Callsign window. Click Alerts from the menu and then check the Filters menu to see what filters you have enabled.

73

David

MM0AMW

On 2021-07-27 3:13 PM, deni wrote:
Hey all,
I am trying to get jtalert working with jtdx.  At this point I am being unsuccessful.  I have used the standard setup under reporting in jtdx, but stilll nothing happens.  It just sets there and does nothing.  I am a little lost with jtalert.
Any help appreciated
73 - deni
WBØTAX

deni

David, I am not sure either, but there are no filters turned on and it is not decoding or passing along log info to ACL.  Have never had this problem before.

I am going to give a detailed version as I understand it to keep Jim Cooper happy.

The current computer I am using is brand new.  Has a fresh install of jtdx with the pertinent.  jtdx seems to be working just fine.  It logs to itself, so contacts are updated in the *.adif file.  It seems that jtalert is not decoding at all and as a result is not logging to ACL.
After the clean install I did copy the files per the help file to the new computer, hoping to keep my old databases.  This has provided no luck either.

So Mr. Cooper, I am no longer on a Mountain top in Colorado asking for help.  In the previous message I sent a photo of the jtdx udp setup.  I do believe it to be correct.

Still at wits end.
deni
WBØTAX

It also has a fresh install of 2.50.1 upgraded to 2.50.4

On 7/27/2021 3:12 PM, DAVID MM0AMW via groups.io wrote:
Deni,

I'm not sure why the title bar isn't showing which band you're on but it looks like you have some filter/filters enabled which may be blocking any decodes showing in the Callsign window. Click Alerts from the menu and then check the Filters menu to see what filters you have enabled.

73

David

MM0AMW

------ Original Message ------ From: "deni" <deni@...> To: support@hamapps.groups.io Sent: Tuesday, 27 Jul, 21 At 20:13 Subject: [HamApps] jt alert not working. Hey all, I am trying to get jtalert working with jtdx. At this point I am being unsuccessful. I have used the standard setup under reporting in jtdx, but stilll nothing happens. It just sets there and does nothing. I am a little lost with jtalert. Any help appreciated 73 - deni WBØTAX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/07/2021 5:13 am, deni wrote:
Hey all,

I am trying to get jtalert working with jtdx.  At this point I am being unsuccessful.  I have used the standard setup under reporting in jtdx, but stilll nothing happens.  It just sets there and does nothing.  I am a little lost with jtalert.

Any help appreciated

73 - deni
WBØTAX
Likely you have ACLog set to work with JTDX/WSJT-X directly. Per your image, you're using unicast UDP (127.0.0.1) on port 2237 and it is likely that ACLog has taken exclusive control of the port preventing JTAlert from receiving UDP data from JTDX/WSJT-X. You can confirm this by stopping ACLog then restarting JTAlert, it should start reporting the Band and Mode in the titlebar and displaying decoded Callsings.

ACLog supports multicast comms with JTDX/WSJT-X. Switch JTDX/WSJT-X to using multicast and change ACLog accordingly. Use the JTAlert "Help -> WSJT-X UDP Setup" menu to bring up the help file. Follow the simple 4 seep instructions provided.

de Laurie VK3AMA