locked JT alert not responding message and other issues

John Morrison

Over the past few days every time I open JT alert I get a message that says JT alert not responding. It will not populate anything from WJST. After waiting several minutes the band activity window on WJST goes blank, and all the activity will go through the alert tabs on JT alert. This will occur with UDP alerts either checked or unchecked in both programs. I have checked and double checked for viruses and malware all seems to be fine. I have gone back a version on JT alert and the problem is the same. Any ideas would be appreciated.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/04/2021 3:51 am, John Morrison wrote:
Over the past few days every time I open JT alert I get a message that says JT alert not responding. It will not populate anything from WJST. After waiting several minutes the band activity window on WJST goes blank, and all the activity will go through the alert tabs on JT alert. This will occur with UDP alerts either checked or unchecked in both programs. I have checked and double checked for viruses and malware all seems to be fine. I have gone back a version on JT alert and the problem is the same. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sounds like Protection software interference.

The latest release of JTAlert has been out for over 4 months and is quite stable. There have not been any similar reports. Since this only recently occurred for you, likely your protection software has decided to take a dislike to JTAlert. WHat software do you run?

de Laurie VK3AMA

John Morrison

I have been using JT alert for several years with no issues. This seems to be a unique issue to my system, but I cannot seem to fix it. I use Windows defender and Malwarebytes as my antivirus software. I have made sure that JT alert and WSJT are allowed through the firewall. I have also disabled the firewall with the same results. Thank you for your time and the great work that you do with JT alert.

John
KC4SAW

neil_zampella

I seem to recall that Malwarebytes has blocked the UDP connections in the past.   You may want check if its setup to block ports.

Neil, KN3ILZ