locked JT Alert not ready for prime time

AOL/ CompuServe Mail <GMuller885@...>

All:
    As much as I like the features of JT alert this sw is not ready for prime time. The programmer did not do do very good job of checking to make sure it would work with JT-X. I there fore deleatig it from my system and and will not use it till the progrmer fixs his or her program.

Gerald Muller K9GEM
USN DSC (SW) Retired

Robert Lorenzini

RTFM.

Bob - wd6dod

On 7/26/2021 9:09 AM, AOL/ CompuServe Mail via groups.io wrote:
All:
    As much as I like the features of JT alert this sw is not ready for prime time. The programmer did not do do very good job of checking to make sure it would work with JT-X. I there fore deleatig it from my system and and will not use it till the progrmer fixs his or her program.

Gerald Muller K9GEM
USN DSC (SW) Retired

Jim Nortron

Works perfectly well with JTDX in my shack Chief. WD4T

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 12:00 AOL/ CompuServe Mail via groups.io <GMuller885=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
All:
    As much as I like the features of JT alert this sw is not ready for prime time. The programmer did not do do very good job of checking to make sure it would work with JT-X. I there fore deleatig it from my system and and will not use it till the progrmer fixs his or her program.

Gerald Muller K9GEM
USN DSC (SW) Retired

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/07/2021 2:09 am, AOL/ CompuServe Mail via groups.io wrote:
All:
    As much as I like the features of JT alert this sw is not ready for prime time. The programmer did not do do very good job of checking to make sure it would work with JT-X. I there fore deleatig it from my system and and will not use it till the progrmer fixs his or her program.

Gerald Muller K9GEM

What is JT-X? Do you mean JTDX? If so that shows a lack of attention to detail on your part in composing your message.

No where in your message do you indicate what the problem is.

What is not working?

What needs to be fixed that you clam the programmer needs to address without any supporting documentation to the fault?

A rant about defects without enumerating the defects is worthless.

You need to back up your claim with some detail.

de Laurie VK3AMA
(JTAlert programmer)

Jim Cooper

Why don't you submit for a FULL REFUND ... ??

btw, you are probably saving Laurie hours and hours
of answering dumb questions by leaving us ... 73 ...-.-

On 26 Jul 2021 at 16:09, GMuller885@aol.com via groups.io
wrote:

All:    As much as I like the
features of JT alert this sw is not
ready for prime time. The programmer
did not do do very good job of
checking to make sure it would work
with JT-X. I there fore deleatig it
from my system and and will not use
it till the progrmer fixs his or her
program. Gerald Muller K9GEMUSN DSC
(SW) Retired GMuller885@aol.com

William Wagaman

Hello Bill here N3GTY ..... what can I say Laurie... you have the patience of a saint. You handled that with more grace then I would have. Thanks for a great piece of software and all your efforts.

de Bill N3GTY

--
Bill Wagaman N3GTY

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

My last word on this topic.

JTAlert is tested against both WSJT-X and JTDX, by myself and the 30 man Test Team.

The Test Team along with their access to beta and test versions of JTAlert they typically get the new public release of JTAlert several days before it goes public. This is to ensure that everything is working as it should.

If you truly have a problem with JTAlert please let us know what the problem is, what is not working. My self and the Test Team are waiting, but not holding our breaths.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Neil Foster

Gerald, I have a number of ham radio acronyms that I sometimes use. One applies to you: PEBCAR.
It stands for "Problem exisists betwenn chair and radio" JT Alert works fine and Laurie does a great job and a service to the ham radio community. . BTW Thank you for your military service, it is appreciated, I would also suggest using a spell checker if you wish to be perfect.
73 and stay well.....Neil   N4FN

David Brittenham

Gerald, I too would like to thank you for your service to our country.  Men and women who have served are appreciated much more than they know.

I don't understand your statement.  It sounds like it is written out of frustration.  How long have you been using JTAlert?  No program is perfect.  I have used JTAlert on a daily basis for over 4 years now, and have never had any serious problems.  What few problems I've had, Laurie has addressed quickly and efficiently.  I have FAR more trouble with Windows than any program I use running under it.  And I paid a HE77 of a lot more for Windows!  I wish you would post some of the issues you are having.  I'm betting between Laurie and the users on this forum, your problems can be solved in very short order.  99% of the problems I've had with JTAlert, or WSJT-X for that matter, have been resolved with a simple restart of Windows.  Give Laurie and the group a chance to help you solve the issues you are having.  It's a great program, one I could not get by without.  WSJT-X alone is a pain to use and keep track of what is going on.

73
David
WA0RVK

Radio K0HB