locked jt alert not connecting to wsjtx

k3arb@...

Am using jt alert 2.5.0.8.  It does not see wsjtx and therefore doesn’t display any call signs.  By closing and restarting many times it may find wsjtx and then will work but where closing it down and opening the next day the same problem occurs.  Any info about this problem?

Sent from Mail for Windows

Michael Black

What else are you running?
Sounds like another program is sucking up the packets.

You should be able to use multicast address 224.0.0.1 and set up all your software to use that.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, November 29, 2021, 12:16:14 PM CST, k3arb@... <k3arb@...> wrote:

Am using jt alert 2.5.0.8.  It does not see wsjtx and therefore doesn’t display any call signs.  By closing and restarting many times it may find wsjtx and then will work but where closing it down and opening the next day the same problem occurs.  Any info about this problem?

Sent from Mail for Windows

Brad N8PC <bradn8pc@...>

I have WSJT-X Set UNDER Reporting set for PSK Reporter USE TCP/IP Connection Set

UDP SERVER: 224.0.0.1
UDP SERVER: PORT 2237
OUTGOING Interfaces: loopback_0
Multicast TTL: 1

ENABLED Logged contact ADIF Broadcast
Address: 127.0.0.1
PORT: 2333

on JTAlert

UNDER LAST QSO API

UDP Transmission  < NOT CHECKED
UNDER HRD 5/6
Version 6.3 or later Checked
NOT ENABLED

IT WORKS FINE. NOW BACK THE HELL OFF

Anything else causes it to have the problem I was running into.  I have tried IT WORKS FINE!!!!

On Nov 29, 2021, at 1:18 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

What else are you running?
Sounds like another program is sucking up the packets.

You should be able to use multicast address 224.0.0.1 and set up all your software to use that.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, November 29, 2021, 12:16:14 PM CST, k3arb@... <k3arb@...> wrote:

Am using jt alert 2.5.0.8.  It does not see wsjtx and therefore doesn’t display any call signs.  By closing and restarting many times it may find wsjtx and then will work but where closing it down and opening the next day the same problem occurs.  Any info about this problem?

Sent from Mail for Windows

Am running wsjtx jtalert and AC Log.  Once in a while everything works but not often.  Since it does work occasionally I think settings are correct.  After shutdown and re-start it does not work.

Michael Black

What happens if don't run ACLog?  Does JTAlert work then?

Mike W9MDB

[...]

Aha!  Yes it does work without the log running.  Wonder why that is?

[...]

You probably have ACLog set up to listen to WSJTX on 127.0.0.1
Ensure all 3 are using 224.0.0.1 multicast

Inline image
Inline image
Mike W9MDB

On Monday, November 29, 2021, 05:33:20 PM CST, k3arb@... <k3arb@...> wrote:

Sent from Mail for Windows

[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/11/2021 10:51 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
You probably have ACLog set up to listen to WSJTX on 127.0.0.1

That is typically the problem. ACLog by design defaults to using unicast 1270.0.1 on port 2237 for the UDP Server settings regardless of the true setting in WSJTX. ACLog by doing this locks JTAlert out by taking exclusive control of port 2237. ACLog needs to be told to use the multicast UDP values as set in WSJTX. JTAlert automatically determines the correct values to use.

de Laurie VK3AMA

afa1yy

I too am experiencing that problem, JTALERT does not even know the freq. or band rfom wsjt-X.

From Wsjt-x:
UDP server 127.0.0.1
UDP Server port2237
secondary UDPmserver 1257.0.0.1
server ;port 2333

From JT Alert 2.50.9
Log4om settings
UDP Connections 127.0.0.1
ADIF message port 2237
Control port  2241
SQlite log tests good

What am I doing wrong? any help is appreciated.

--
Art  K0AY

Joe Subich, W4TV

You are using a unicast address and Log4OM is locking out JTAlert.

Use a *MULTICAST* address (See JTAlert Help -> WSJTX UDP Setup) and
configure Log4OM for *MULTICAST* operation.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-12-05 3:45 PM, afa1yy wrote:
I too am experiencing that problem, JTALERT does not even know the freq. or band rfom wsjt-X.

From Wsjt-x:
UDP server 127.0.0.1
UDP Server port2237
secondary UDPmserver 1257.0.0.1
server ;port 2333

From JT Alert 2.50.9

On 6/12/2021 7:45 am, afa1yy wrote:
I too am experiencing that problem, JTALERT does not even know the freq. or band rfom wsjt-X.

From Wsjt-x:
UDP server 127.0.0.1
UDP Server port2237
secondary UDPmserver 1257.0.0.1
server ;port 2333

From JT Alert 2.50.9
Log4om settings
UDP Connections 127.0.0.1
ADIF message port 2237
Control port  2241
SQlite log tests good

What am I doing wrong? any help is appreciated.

--
Art  K0AY

Have a look at the JTAlert Help file, "Logging -> Log4OM V2" topic. I suggest disabling all the existing Log4OM inbound connections you have defined that involve JTAlert and WSJTX then setup a single inbound connection as described in the Help file. You will need to restart all applications.

de Laurie VK3AMA

afa1yy

Laurie...

I set everything up as per your instruction page. restarted all 3 programs involved.  JTAlert is still not receiving data from WSJT-X
Any further suggestions please?
--
Art  K0AY

Tom Melvin

Hi Art

If you take log4OM out of the equation - that is do not start it or run it - does JTAlter work - do you see the band you are on. If you go to Help - About JTAlert - either cut/paste the details or click the little ‘page icon’ just above and to the right - it will copy everything - then paste it into a message.

This will show a lot of information that may help. It will allow us to eliminate some possible causes.

Regards

Tom
GM8MJV

On 7 Dec 2021, at 15:53, afa1yy <arthur@...> wrote:

Laurie...

I set everything up as per your instruction page. restarted all 3 programs involved.  JTAlert is still not receiving data from WSJT-X
Any further suggestions please?
--
Art  K0AY

Michael Black

Art's decodes.sqlite file was corrupt.

Also he had an extra period in his 127.0.0.0 address....perhaps you could add a sanity check to ensure the IP address is valid.  This is about the 3rd time recently that somebody had an extra period.

Mike W9MDB