locked JT Alert logs two incomplete entries for each QSO in HRD Logbook

Paula K7PAX

I had my logging settings for HRD Logbook working great from WSJTX, doing a QRZ lookup and filling in details such as name, address, etc. But I want to use logging from WSJT-X so I can track my CQ Marathon  needed entities. In WS-JTX I unchecked the "Enable logged contact ADIF broadcast, and enabled logging from JT-Alert. So now, logging from JT-Alert, when I work a contact I get two incomplete log entries as shown here. Any ideas on what I've done wrong in my setup?

--
Paula Johnson
K7PAX

Paula K7PAX

One step closer - I managed to find out how to disable the entry with no date or mode. Now I am just getting a single logbook entry, but there is no QRZ lookup information merged into the information. Don't know if it is a setting in JT-Alert or HRD logbook. I have to manually do lookups in HRD. When I was using logging from WSJT-X the QRZ lookup information was added automatically.
--
Paula Johnson
K7PAX

Roger- AC6BW

Does this happen only with that EU Russia station that you worked, or for all stations?
I know there was an issue in HRD where QTH details of EU Russia stations were not being brought in properly. Be sure that you are running the latest HRD, version 6.7.0.357.

Otherwise, I think it is an HRD settings problem. I assume that you have a paid XML lookup subscription with QRZ.
In HRD logbook, check Tools>>Configure>>Callsign Lookup. Set your QRZ subscription near the top of the list:

Also, check Tools>>Configure>>QRZ.com, and be sure that you have your QRZ.com API key entered properly.

--
Roger
AC6BW

Paula K7PAX

I figured it out - see message 37258. Will repeat the steps here for anyone else that might be researching this problem. I did the following in JT-Alert. It was not a setting in HRD. JT-Alert can do the QRZ lookup.

1. I unchecked "Enable transmission of last QSO" in the "Last QSO API" section under Logging. This eliminated the duplicate log entry that was missing information.

2. I added my QRZ.com XML lookup information under "Web Services - Online XML Callbooks" and now my logging function populates the name, etc. from QRZ.
--
Paula Johnson
K7PAX