locked JT Alert Disappear


yc2voc@...
 

Hello..
I have a new problem..
I use JT alert which I connect with HRD Logbook,. I use that setup for about 6 years and it's fine.. but now a problem arises, every time I log 1 qso and the JT alert disappears,.and it's always like that..how How to fix it

best regrads Galih..


Joe Subich, W4TV
 

Convert your HRD Log to a Maria/SQL database. See HRD Support.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-09-22 9:40 PM, yc2voc@... wrote:
Hello..
I have a new problem..
I use JT alert which I connect with HRD Logbook,. I use that setup for about 6 years and it's fine.. but now a problem arises, every time I log 1 qso and the JT alert disappears,.and it's always like that..how How to fix it
best regrads Galih..


Roger- AC6BW <ac6bw@...>
 

Galih,
What do you mean by "JTAlert disappears"?
Converting HRD log to Maria DB may not fix this. We need more information.
--
73,
Roger- AC6BW
FTDX10; SPE Expert 1.3K-FA; HRD; JTDX


JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 23/09/2022 11:40 am, yc2voc@... wrote:
I have a new problem..
I use JT alert which I connect with HRD Logbook,. I use that setup for about 6 years and it's fine.. but now a problem arises, every time I log 1 qso and the JT alert disappears,.and it's always like that..how How to fix it

best regrads Galih..

Please see this past message regarding unusual/unexpected behavior with respect to HRDLogbook MSAccess format logs.
https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/41018


de Laurie VK3AMA


yc2voc@...
 

Disapear mean auto close...after sucess 1 qso from jtdx(jt alert) to HRDLogbook .. and than JT Alert Auto Close ..  i must open JT Alert again ,. Always like that .. 


On Sat, 24 Sep 2022, 01:31 Roger- AC6BW via groups.io, <ac6bw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Galih,
What do you mean by "JTAlert disappears"?
Converting HRD log to Maria DB may not fix this. We need more information.
--
73,
Roger- AC6BW
FTDX10; SPE Expert 1.3K-FA; HRD; JTDX


JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 24/09/2022 10:03 am, Galih Suryananto wrote:
Disapear mean auto close...after sucess 1 qso from jtdx(jt alert) to HRDLogbook .. and than JT Alert Auto Close ..  i must open JT Alert again ,. Always like that .. 


This is very likely JTAlert encountering an internal error and shutting down as a result.
The only time this has been occurring in recent months has been tracked down to HRDLogbook users using Access logs (the default for HRD).
The fix has been to update HRD to use a MariaDB based log. HRD Support recommends MariaDB over Access logs. See me previous post here https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/41018 which contains a link to an official HRD Support document on upgrading to MariaDB.

FWIW, I have been told through a third-party that HRD is abandoning Access log types in a soon to be released version. I don't know how accurate that is information is, but I have no reason to doubt it given the long history of Access log problems within HRDLogbook.


de Laurie VK3AMA


Roger- AC6BW <ac6bw@...>
 

Laurie,
Thanks. I believe that information you received about HRD is very accurate. The timeframe to implement the change is the only variable.
--
73,
Roger- AC6BW
FTDX10; SPE Expert 1.3K-FA; HRD; JTDX


JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 25/09/2022 2:42 am, Roger- AC6BW via groups.io wrote:
Laurie,
Thanks. I believe that information you received about HRD is very accurate. The timeframe to implement the change is the only variable.
--
73,
Roger- AC6BW


Thanks. Good to know.

de Laurie VK3AMA