locked JT Alert decode window

KB9HGI <kb9hgi@...>

I updated to version 2.50.2 and when I lick on decode window it does not come up like it did . it use to come up to a nice tile window but it no longer does. Does it not work
in this version of JT alert for wsjt-x?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/06/2021 12:55 pm, KB9HGI wrote:
I updated to version 2.50.2 and when I lick on decode window it does not come up like it did . it use to come up to a nice tile window but it no longer does. Does it not work
in this version of JT alert for wsjt-x?

If I removed something major like the Decodes window it would be documented in the Release notes. There is no such entry. The Decodes window is still available with the latest JTAlert. That will not change with future versions.

When the Decodes window doesn't appear, is there an entry for it in your Windows taskbar? If there is then do a Google search on "Recovering off-screen windows". This is a very common Windows issue.
If there is no Taskbar entry, that indicates the JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe process is not running (check with TaskManager). Likely your PC Protection software has removed that file or is actively blocking it. You can quickly restore misisng JTAlert files like this by rerunning the JTAlert installer.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Cooper

On 1 Jul 2021 at 6:39, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:

If there is then do a Google search on "Recovering
off-screen windows". This is a very common Windows issue.
Wouldn't you think that by now the Micromush
programmers could have found a way to check if there is
more than one video monitor being used, and if only one
FORCE all windows to be within that video screen?

With all the bells and whistle they have loaded into the OS,
it doesn't seem like that feature would be difficult or
bloating.

w2jc

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

You can slide a window off the screen edge to jeep open but not on your display.  Had to do for another program. Close it it pop back so slid to the side.  Maybe try ramping up resolution to see,