Topics

JT Alert and QRZ Problem

Norm Fasoletos

Hello, just suddenly started having problem with JT Alert sending a confirmation of a qso to QRZ,com

Any areas that i should look into.

73

Norm - K7NWF

Michael Black

As in it never works...sometimes works....???

Make sure your subscription hasn't expired....

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, June 28, 2020, 11:55:29 PM CDT, Norm Fasoletos <norm.k7nwf@...> wrote:

Hello, just suddenly started having problem with JT Alert sending a confirmation of a qso to QRZ,com

Any areas that i should look into.

73

Norm - K7NWF

Norm Fasoletos

Negative, subscription still good. I can go to QRZ and manually log a QSO with no problem. 🤔

On Jun 29, 2020, at 6:47 AM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

As in it never works...sometimes works....???

Make sure your subscription hasn't expired....

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, June 28, 2020, 11:55:29 PM CDT, Norm Fasoletos <norm.k7nwf@...> wrote:

Hello, just suddenly started having problem with JT Alert sending a confirmation of a qso to QRZ,com

Any areas that i should look into.

73

Norm - K7NWF

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/06/2020 11:50 pm, Norm Fasoletos wrote:
I can go to QRZ and manually log a QSO with no problem

Manual logging does not indicate an expired or invalid XML subscription.

To programmatically upload QSOs to your QRZ logbook requires a current XML subscription, this is a QRZ, not JTAlert, requirement.

Use Windows file explorer, navigate to %localappdata%\HamApps\YOUR_CALLSIGN\session\JTAlertX\ and open the "QrzLog_1.result" file in a text editor like notepad. This file contains the results of the last QSO upload attempt. eg.
2020-06-29 20:12:55 utc
COUNT=1&RESULT=OK&LOGID=525439158

Alternatively open the "1" sub directory and view the "JTAlertV2.Manager.WebLog.Qrz.log.Info" file. This file records all recent QRZ uploads with the corresponding results.

A further alternative, if the "JTAlertV2.Manager.WebLog.Qrz.log.Error" file is present, that indicates an error has occurred, it will list the reason. eg.
2020-06-29 20:10:19.4974 | Error | STATUS=FAIL&REASON=wrong station_callsign for this logbook vk3am doesnt match book callsign VK3AMA&EXTENDED= |

Let us know what you find. If you can't locate the files in question, use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis

de Laurie VK3AMA