locked JT Alert 2.50.5 won't decode or log contacts

kb5fhk@...

I just updated the latest version today.  It doesn't decode any callsigns while running FT8 after 15 seconds.  It also doesn't log any contacts to DXKeeper.  I went and checked in the menu.  The decoding and logging to DXKeeper has been enabled.  I don't know what's going on.

Tom KB5FHK

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/08/2021 1:01 pm, kb5fhk via groups.io wrote:
I just updated the latest version today.  It doesn't decode any callsigns while running FT8 after 15 seconds.  It also doesn't log any contacts to DXKeeper.  I went and checked in the menu.  The decoding and logging to DXKeeper has been enabled.  I don't know what's going on.

Tom KB5FHK

From what version of JTAlert did you update? Was it a 2.16.x version or a 2.50.x version?

Are you able to open the JTAlert Help -> About window? If not that indicates a problem with the JTAletrV2.Manager.exe process which typically occurs by not having the correct .NET 5.0.x Desktop Runtime installed. See this pinned FAQ message... https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/35794

If you're able to open the "Help -> About" window, then the likely cause is an incorrect or incomplete WSJTX UDP setup. See the JTAlert "Help -> WSJT-X UDP Setup" menu.

de Laurie VK3AMA