locked JT Alert 2.50.0 stopped by FrameworkCheck

Melvin L. Nichols

Laurie

I’m having a problem getting by the Framework Check with an Error Code 216. It says it is
not compatible with my system. I’m running 7 Pro, 32 bit and I have .NET5 , 32 bit installed
and Command Prompt is like your example, except I’m missing the 2 files 3.1.14 like another
gentleman posted.

Thanks in advance!
Mel, NZ0O

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/04/2021 3:49 am, Melvin L. Nichols wrote:
I’m having a problem getting by the Framework Check with an Error Code 216. It says it is
not compatible with my system. I’m running 7 Pro, 32 bit and I have .NET5 , 32 bit installed
and Command Prompt is like your example, except I’m missing the 2 files 3.1.14 like another
gentleman posted.

Thanks in advance!
Mel, NZ0O

Mel,

I don't know why the FrameworkCheck.exe is failing on 32 bit systems, I need to spin up a 32bit VM. It may be due to being on Win7. It is compiled as "Any CPU" which means it should run under both 32 and 64 bit systems.

The good news is that despite the check failing, JTAlert has still been installed. The Installer is simply auto-running the FrameworkCheck executable at the end after JTAlert has been installed.

If you have the .NET 5 Desktop Runtime installed, you are good to run JTAlert 2.50.0. Give it a go.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Melvin L. Nichols

Laurie

Didn’t work. Got an error that there is a problem with the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe.

AutoIt Error
Line 41562  Variable used without being declared.

Thanks in advance!
Mel, NZ0O

Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2021 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JT Alert 2.50.0 stopped by FrameworkCheck

[...]

Ed Wilson

This is exactly the problem that I am having with Windows 10.

I downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and tried to install it but it would not install because I apparently already had it installed. I am stuck with not being able to update JTAlert!

Ed, K0KC

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/04/2021 6:23 am, Ed Wilson via groups.io wrote:
This is exactly the problem that I am having with Windows 10.

I downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and tried to install it but it would not install because I apparently already had it installed. I am stuck with not being able to update JTAlert!

Ed, K0KC

If you're unable to install the .NET Desktop Runtime due to the C++ redistributable error, I suggest you enrage with Microsoft support to get it resolved. Both issues are outside of my control.

If you get the .NET runtime installed and then encounter problems with JTAlert, then I can tackle that, but the Microsoft specific issues with your PC are a problem for you and Microsoft support to resolve.

Sorry, I can't be of any more help.

On 19/04/2021 7:58 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
I suggest you enrage with Microsoft support

Oops, a bit of Freudian Slip there. "enrage" should be "engage".

de Laurie VK3AMA

Melvin L. Nichols

Laurie

A follow-up on my latest message. Did a search for V2.Manager and the error message says that
it is not compatible with my system. Maybe the V2.Manager is not going to work with 7,  32 bit.

Thanks in advance
Mel, NZ0O

Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2021 2:06 PM

[...]

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 19/04/2021 8:29 am, Melvin L. Nichols wrote:
Maybe the V2.Manager is not going to work with 7,  32 bit.
Thanks in advance
Mel, NZ0O
It is starting to look that way.

I just now double-checked, the Manager is compiled as an "Any CPU" executable which means it should run on both 32bit & 64bit systems.

Perhaps it is WIn7 that is the culprit. Microsoft did specify that the .NET 5 runtime is only supported on win7 SP1 machines with the ESU installed. I don't know, I don't have a Win7 32bit  to test on. I'll try spinning up a VM, but that may take a few days, I am rather busy at the moment.

You will need to downgrade to JTAlert 2.16.17 unfortunately.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ed Wilson

As I  mentioned in a previous post, the problem is not limited to Windows 7. I am experiencing the same issues with an up to date Windows 10 on two different computers.

Ed, K0KC

Melvin L. Nichols

Laurie

Thanks for the help! I need to update my OS system, anyway! Been putting it off and it finally caught up with me.

My son, who works for a large corporation, told me that the ESU is only for large companies or corporations.
It came about because a lot of them were using Windows 7 to run their equipment and processes.
It is not for the casual user, which is understandable.

Thanks again!

Mel, NZ0O

On 19/04/2021 8:29 am, Melvin L. Nichols wrote:
Maybe the V2.Manager is not going to work with 7, 32 bit.
Thanks in advance
Mel, NZ0O
It is starting to look that way.

I just now double-checked, the Manager is compiled as an "Any CPU"
executable which means it should run on both 32bit & 64bit systems.

Perhaps it is WIn7 that is the culprit. Microsoft did specify that the
.NET 5 runtime is only supported on win7 SP1 machines with the ESU
installed. I don't know, I don't have a Win7 32bit to test on. I'll try
spinning up a VM, but that may take a few days, I am rather busy at the
moment.

You will need to downgrade to JTAlert 2.16.17 unfortunately.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Melvin L. Nichols

Ed

Are your computers 32 bit or 64 bit?

Mel, NZ)O

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 7:07 AM

On 19/04/2021 10:07 pm, Melvin L. Nichols wrote:
My son, who works for a large corporation, told me that the ESU is only for large companies or corporations.

Mel, NZ0O
Tnx Mel. The online documentation about the need for the ESU doesn't specify any restriction on the type of user, individual or corporate, but the documentation is deficient in that it doesn't provide any link to how to obtain an ESU. A Corporate customer will likely have a Microsoft account manager through which they deal and they would likely be the source of the ESU.

Looks like a new (or refurbished) Win10 X64 system is in your future. One warning on refurbished, many low cost offerings which seem very attractive due to the cost, achieve the low cost by providing the bare minimum in terms specs, installed memory, cpu cores, video card capability. I have seen Win10 spec systems that I would consider just adequate for Win XP, 4G Ram, dual core, integrated video. I'm sure your son will steer you in the right direction.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Melvin L. Nichols

Laurie

Thanks for the information on the refurbished computers!
Will be looking at some new ones.

Thanks again for help and insight!

Mel, NZ0O

[...]

Both of my computers are running 32-bit Windows 10.

Ed, K0KC

alchowiake@...

I have 32bit Windows 10 Home version 20H2 (which is the latest) with Net 5 and FrameworkCheck claims it's incompatible with my system so I can't get 2.50 to run. If I try to ignore this and run 2.50 anyway it just generates a bunch of error messages.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/04/2021 4:35 am, alchowiake@... wrote:
I have 32bit Windows 10 Home version 20H2 (which is the latest) with Net 5 and FrameworkCheck claims it's incompatible with my system so I can't get 2.50 to run. If I try to ignore this and run 2.50 anyway it just generates a bunch of error messages.

Are you saying the .NET 5 Desktop Runtime will not install due to an incompatibility error? That should not be the case, unless you're trying to install the X64 version when it needs to be the X86 version for 32bit Windows.

JTAlert throwing errors is inevitable if the .NET 5 Desktop Runtime is not installed. The runtime is not optional it is mandatory for correct JTAlert 2.50.0 operation.

de Laurie VK3AMA

alchowiake@...

No. Net 5 installed just fine. 2.50 just refuses to start and generates a litany of error messages.

Like I said 32 bit windows 10.

Eric A
KO0V

On 22/04/2021 8:56 am, Eric Alchowiak wrote:
No. Net 5 installed just fine. 2.50 just refuses to start and generates a litany of error messages.

Like I said 32 bit windows 10.

Eric A
KO0V

OK Eric,

32 bit (x86) appears to be the common denominator.

The litany of error messages I assume are "AutoIT errors" after trying to start JTAlert. That is a side-effect of trying to run JTAlert without the critical Manager process running. The Manager, like the FrameworkCheck file, is dependent on the new NET runtime and compiled as "Any CPU" executables.

While JTAlert 2.50.0 and the FrameworkCheck app are compiled as "Any CPU" applications, which means they will execute as either x86 or x64 depending on the bitness of your Windows version, I suspect this is not the case and something is preventing the executables from running under 32 bit Windows.

I am working with a JTAlert Test Team member who has a 32bit Win10 system that is also experiencing the same problem.

At this time, the only course of action is for 32 bit Windows users to stay with JTAlert 2.16.17 and oinly upgrade once a new 32bit compatible version of JTAlert is published.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Eric Alchowiak <alchowiake@...>

Thanks.

Here's a capture of FrameworkCheck which might be a clue.

On 22/04/2021 9:41 am, Eric Alchowiak wrote:

Here's a capture of FrameworkCheck which might be a clue.

Eric A
KO0V

Eric,

I know it is premature, and I may regret the post in the future, but this is what I posted to the JTAlert Test group today after an initial test of 2.50.0 on a 32bit Win10 PC that had been recently failing with the same results as you.

This was not an exhaustive test, but it is significant progress IMO.

de Laurie VK3AMA