Japanese language in messaging

Masaaaki Maeda

I tried to type Japanese language to message. My friend can read my message in Japanese.  How about double bite characters can handle in the specification? Masa W2/JR1AQN

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 3/05/2021 2:55 am, Masaaaki Maeda wrote:
I tried to type Japanese language to message. My friend can read my message in Japanese.  How about double bite characters can handle in the specification? Masa W2/JR1AQN

Multibyte encoded messages are supported. Did you try it?

The easiest way to test is to send a message to yourself. Sending a message to yourself tests the entire messaging pipeline.
JTAlert -> Internet -> Messaging Server service -> Internet -> JTAlert.

An example of sending a message to myself, on the right what is sent and the left what was received...

de Laurie VK3AMA

Masaaaki Maeda

Laurie,

Great!

I will inform this new function to our Japanese friends!

It should be incentive to introduce JTAlert!

Thank you!

Masa

JR1AQN