locked Interesting small problem: Internet access issue

Ron / W4MMP

Hi,
Just a note on a side effect of loosing internet access.
1) JTAlert is running normally (with WSJT-X).
2) Internet access goes down (not network access) (my 4G cellular router disconnects from the cell network).
3) The playing of alert sounds is delayed for about 10 seconds (I don't have the precise timings)
4) This continues for a number of QSO cycles and then returns to normal.

It appears the playing of alert sounds is being queued behind JTAlert attempting to access the online logbooks I have configured (HRDlog.net, HamQTH.com, and eQSL.cc). As mentioned above this continues for a number of QSOs (I don't have the count) and then JTAlert gives up the ghost of attempting to access the online logbooks.

JTAlert: 2.50.1

Win 10 (Home) (fully updated).

73,
Ron

K0GU

FWIW I have no online logs and when my internet goes down I also see the slowed alerts.
--
73,  Jay  K0GU

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 3/06/2021 9:09 am, K0GU wrote:
FWIW I have no online logs and when my internet goes down I also see the slowed alerts.
--
73,  Jay  K0GU

XML Lookups require Internet access. Also, Spotting to HamSpots, Band Activity data updates and JTAlert Messaging , all require an Internet connection.

de Laurie VK3AMA