locked Interesting inconsistency


John Petrocelli
 

Hello,

   I notice that the drop-down on right-clicking the callsign is different when right-clicking on the Main Window vs. the Callsign Window.

  On the Main Window there are 14 items in the drop down.
  On the Callsign Window there are only 4 items on the drop-down.

  I am running version 2.50.1 and I believe that there were 14 items in both the mentioned actions.

  Am I missing something here ??

Thanks in advance.
John
-- 


John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com

Virus-free. www.avast.com


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 5/05/2021 3:48 pm, John Petrocelli via groups.io wrote:

   I notice that the drop-down on right-clicking the callsign is different when right-clicking on the Main Window vs. the Callsign Window.

  On the Main Window there are 14 items in the drop down.
  On the Callsign Window there are only 4 items on the drop-down.

  I am running version 2.50.1 and I believe that there were 14 items in both the mentioned actions.

  Am I missing something here ??

Thanks in advance.
John
-- 

What is this "main window" you're referring to? The Main JTAlert window doesn't have callsigns to display any longer.

As for the Callsigns window, as of 2.50.1, which menu entries in the right-click context menu are visible is controlled by the end-user. Look under the Options popup (via gear icon), "Menus" section.

de Laurie VK3AMA



John Petrocelli
 

Hello,

  The "Main Window" is the one with the Menu at the top

   The "Callsign Window" is the one where the decoded callsigns all show.

   I clicked on the "gear" icon and see those settings now. Thanks for setting my thinking straight.


   Hopefully, the other anomaly that I mentioned 2 days ago regarding the QSO history showing as FT4 when in FT8 mode will be resolved in the next release.

Thanks again for doing such a GREAT JOB !!

John
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 2021-05-05 06:13, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 5/05/2021 3:48 pm, John Petrocelli via groups.io wrote:

   I notice that the drop-down on right-clicking the callsign is different when right-clicking on the Main Window vs. the Callsign Window.

  On the Main Window there are 14 items in the drop down.
  On the Callsign Window there are only 4 items on the drop-down.

  I am running version 2.50.1 and I believe that there were 14 items in both the mentioned actions.

  Am I missing something here ??

Thanks in advance.
John
-- 

What is this "main window" you're referring to? The Main JTAlert window doesn't have callsigns to display any longer.

As for the Callsigns window, as of 2.50.1, which menu entries in the right-click context menu are visible is controlled by the end-user. Look under the Options popup (via gear icon), "Menus" section.

de Laurie VK3AMA




Virus-free. www.avast.com


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 5/05/2021 4:22 pm, John Petrocelli via groups.io wrote:
  The "Main Window" is the one with the Menu at the top

   The "Callsign Window" is the one where the decoded callsigns all show.

Are you referring to your QSO partner callsign when it is displayed on the main window, to the left of the log fields? That's the only place I can find with a callsigns context menu. If so, the differences between it and the new Callsigns window are due to how they are coded. When I added the user-customizable context menu to the Callsigns window, I chose not to try and replicate that in the old JTAlert window. Eventually, it will disappear, so would have been a waste of effort writing code in the old code-base that is being replaced with the new code with each new release. Consider it an "Operational Quirk" of the JTAlert 2.50.x series, which is a hybrid of the old and the new code-bases.

de Laurie VK3AMA


John Petrocelli
 

Hello Laurie,

   Perhaps my Names for the windows is not the same as yours.
Yet it seems all good now.

Thanks,
John
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 2021-05-05 07:07, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 5/05/2021 4:22 pm, John Petrocelli via groups.io wrote:
  The "Main Window" is the one with the Menu at the top

   The "Callsign Window" is the one where the decoded callsigns all show.

Are you referring to your QSO partner callsign when it is displayed on the main window, to the left of the log fields? That's the only place I can find with a callsigns context menu. If so, the differences between it and the new Callsigns window are due to how they are coded. When I added the user-customizable context menu to the Callsigns window, I chose not to try and replicate that in the old JTAlert window. Eventually, it will disappear, so would have been a waste of effort writing code in the old code-base that is being replaced with the new code with each new release. Consider it an "Operational Quirk" of the JTAlert 2.50.x series, which is a hybrid of the old and the new code-bases.

de Laurie VK3AMA



Virus-free. www.avast.com


John Petrocelli
 

Hello again,

   I should have added that all is good with the exception of the mode being incorrect in the "Right-click-Show-QSO-History" where it shows the FT4 history when operating FT8

Thanks again
John
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 2021-05-05 15:27, John Petrocelli via groups.io wrote:

Hello Laurie,

   Perhaps my Names for the windows is not the same as yours.
Yet it seems all good now.

Thanks,
John
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 2021-05-05 07:07, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 5/05/2021 4:22 pm, John Petrocelli via groups.io wrote:
  The "Main Window" is the one with the Menu at the top

   The "Callsign Window" is the one where the decoded callsigns all show.

Are you referring to your QSO partner callsign when it is displayed on the main window, to the left of the log fields? That's the only place I can find with a callsigns context menu. If so, the differences between it and the new Callsigns window are due to how they are coded. When I added the user-customizable context menu to the Callsigns window, I chose not to try and replicate that in the old JTAlert window. Eventually, it will disappear, so would have been a waste of effort writing code in the old code-base that is being replaced with the new code with each new release. Consider it an "Operational Quirk" of the JTAlert 2.50.x series, which is a hybrid of the old and the new code-bases.

de Laurie VK3AMA



Virus-free. www.avast.com


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 6/05/2021 1:31 am, John Petrocelli via groups.io wrote:
mode being incorrect in the "Right-click-Show-QSO-History" where it shows the FT4 history when operating FT8

Thanks again
John

John,

This is on my todo list to investigate.

Can you confirm that this only happens after you have switched to FT4 and then back to FT8? If your start JTAlert with FT8 does the correct mode display?

de Laurie VK3AMA


Joe Subich, W4TV
 

Laurie,

It appears to happen when switching modes. For example, I generally
start in FT8 (I've done almost no FT4) ... when I switch to FT4, the
"Show QSOs History" popup is FT8 data. If I start JTAlert with WSJTX
in FT4 mode and switch back to FT8 the "Show QSOs History" popup is
FT4 data.

There also seems to be the possibility that a "change of mode" UDP
message is being randomly missed as sometimes I can change from FT8
to FT4 or vice versa and the popup will change correctly.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-05 2:56 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 6/05/2021 1:31 am, John Petrocelli via groups.io wrote:
mode being incorrect in the "Right-click-Show-QSO-History" where it shows the FT4 history when operating FT8

Thanks again
John
John,
This is on my todo list to investigate.
Can you confirm that this only happens after you have switched to FT4 and then back to FT8? If your start JTAlert with FT8 does the correct mode display?
de Laurie VK3AMA