Topics

locked Ignored Call Signs/Automatically Clear on Startup?

commercialpilot01@...

Hello, Laurie.  Thank you for a very well thought out and well implemented tool.  I looked for a place to make a financial contribution but found nothing?  Is there a place?

I am using WSJT with 100 watts and a wire antenna from Minnesota, USA.  I often leave the radio on with your app kindly flagging DX for me while I work on other things; I am very near DXCC, thanks to you.

But often I have situations where I can hear a station but repeated calls to the station tell me that he cannot hear me.  I use the "ignore" to suppress announcements of these stations.  Each session, then, I manually clear the ignored stations and start with a blank list.  I have no idea whether this is a common use of the function or not.

So ... :-) now comes the feature request:  A check box saying "Clear Ignore List on Startup."

Thanks for considering this.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/09/2020 7:32 am, commercialpilot01@... wrote:

I am using WSJT with 100 watts and a wire antenna from Minnesota, USA.  I often leave the radio on with your app kindly flagging DX for me while I work on other things; I am very near DXCC, thanks to you.

But often I have situations where I can hear a station but repeated calls to the station tell me that he cannot hear me.  I use the "ignore" to suppress announcements of these stations.  Each session, then, I manually clear the ignored stations and start with a blank list.  I have no idea whether this is a common use of the function or not.

So ... :-) now comes the feature request:  A check box saying "Clear Ignore List on Startup."

Thanks for considering this.

OM (Name? Callsign?)

IMO, a better option than clearing the Ignored List at startup is to have an additional temporary (session only) ignored list. This way you can maintain a list of permanently ignored callsigns while have the flexibility of ignoring a callsign for your current JTAlert session.

This temporary ignored list will be available with the next public release of JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

commercialpilot01@...

Yes, that's a better/more comprehensive solution.  More work, too.  I'll look forward to it.

W0KDT

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/09/2020 8:58 am, commercialpilot01@... wrote:
Yes, that's a better/more comprehensive solution.  More work, too.  I'll look forward to it.

W0KDT

Check you email. A new JTAlert build has been sent for you to test.

On 18/09/2020 8:58 am, commercialpilot01@... wrote:
Yes, that's a better/more comprehensive solution.  More work, too.  I'll look forward to it.

W0KDT
W0KDT,

How did the new JTAlert build, with the temp ignored option, I sent you work out? I would appreciate some feedback.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bill W2PKY

Laurie-
I did not see any improvement
Bill W2PKY

On Sep 26, 2020, at 16:42, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 18/09/2020 8:58 am, commercialpilot01@... wrote:
Yes, that's a better/more comprehensive solution.  More work, too.  I'll look forward to it.

W0KDT
W0KDT,

How did the new JTAlert build, with the temp ignored option, I sent you work out? I would appreciate some feedback.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 27/09/2020 7:23 am, Bill W2PKY wrote:
Laurie-
I did not see any improvement
Bill W2PKY
Bill,

Wrong message thread?

Your referring to the build I sent you with a tweak for the keyboard latency. This thread is in relation to a build that has a new temporary ignored callsign feature.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bill Barrett

Hi Laurie-

Sri about being confused. However, unchecking the HotKeys feature
eliminates the keyboard slowdown.
Thanks for researching this problem.
Bill W2PKY

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 5:39 PM Laurie, VK3AMA
<hamapps.support@...> wrote:

On 27/09/2020 7:23 am, Bill W2PKY wrote:
Laurie-
I did not see any improvement
Bill W2PKY
Bill,

Wrong message thread?

Your referring to the build I sent you with a tweak for the keyboard
latency. This thread is in relation to a build that has a new temporary
ignored callsign feature.

Bill Barrett
352-437-4758

commercialpilot01@...

Laurie, I apologize.  I am subscribed only to the digest and did not see your post until now.

And, worse, I didn't get a file from you.  Maybe gmail spam-trapped it or ???  If you can send it again or give me a link I'd be more than happy to test it right away.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/09/2020 3:55 am, commercialpilot01@... wrote:
And, worse, I didn't get a file from you.  Maybe gmail spam-trapped it or ???  If you can send it again or give me a link I'd be more than happy to test it right away.

There was no file sent, I sent a download link. Google kills off executable file attachments so I always send links.

Check your email again, I have resent the link.

de Laurie VK3AMA