Topics

locked Ignore option

Bill Barrett

Hello Laurie-

Mainly interested DX and with the high number of decodes on bands like 40 & 20 would like an option to to "ignore USA" decodes. Looked around but failed to see that feature in the app. Did I miss it?.

Thanks, could not operate digital without your terrific app.

--
Bill Barrett W2PKY
352-437-4758

--
Bill Barrett
352-437-4758

WB5JJJ - George

Along the same lines, I would like to see an option to NOT display any new callsigns from a State or DXCC that is already confirmed.  This alone would greatly reduce the items in the display.  I run 3 lines of 6 and most times, that is sufficient as I also filter only LoTW to be shown as well.  But on a busy band, 75% of the callsigns fall into the "I don't need/want them" category, but still clutter the display.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

Bry Carling AF4K <af4k@...>

You might know that there is another program that does all of that for you.
JTDX

Best regards - Bry Carling, AF4K

On Jan 14, 2020, at 11:11 AM, WB5JJJ - George <wb5jjj@...> wrote:

Along the same lines, I would like to see an option to NOT display any new callsigns from a State or DXCC that is already confirmed.  This alone would greatly reduce the items in the display.  I run 3 lines of 6 and most times, that is sufficient as I also filter only LoTW to be shown as well.  But on a busy band, 75% of the callsigns fall into the "I don't need/want them" category, but still clutter the display.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

WB8ASI Herb

There all kinds of filtering options on the Decode History window.  I like using it rather than the regular call display.

On January 14, 2020 at 10:58 AM WB5JJJ - George <wb5jjj@...> wrote:

Along the same lines, I would like to see an option to NOT display any new callsigns from a State or DXCC that is already confirmed.  This alone would greatly reduce the items in the display.  I run 3 lines of 6 and most times, that is sufficient as I also filter only LoTW to be shown as well.  But on a busy band, 75% of the callsigns fall into the "I don't need/want them" category, but still clutter the display.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/01/2020 2:31 am, Bill Barrett wrote:
Mainly interested DX and with the high number of decodes on bands like 40 & 20 would like an option to to "ignore USA" decodes. Looked around but failed to see that feature in the app. Did I miss it?.

Thanks, could not operate digital without your terrific app.

--
Bill Barrett W2PKY

Bill,

While JTAlert itself doesn't provide for explicit exclusion of Country of origin decodes, the Decodes window does. Make the "Country Name" column visible then right click the Country name of any USA decode and select hide. You can do this for multiple countries. You can save this as a Filter and apply it at any time. Once

If you don't want to use the Decodes window, you can always set JTAlert to not show any callsigns not generating an Alert via the "Alerts -> Filters" menu.

On 15/01/2020 2:58 am, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
But on a busy band, 75% of the callsigns fall into the "I don't need/want them" category, but still clutter the display.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

Simple, set JTAlert to not show any callsigns not generating an Alert via the "Alerts -> Filters" menu.

de Laurie VK3AMA

neil_zampella

Also understand that the contest modes (other than F/H) have been removed from the WSJT-X code base in that program

Neil, KN3ILZ

Bill Barrett

Thanks Laurie will try your suggestion, will give it a try.

Bill W2PKY

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 3:10 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
[...]

Running 2.15.0 when opening the decodes window the continents are blank. Can you think why nothing is populating in that window.
Also in 2.15.6 the decodes window does not open/display at all on my Win7 Pro PC. Ideas?
Thanks once again.
Bill W2PKY

On 15/01/2020 11:33 pm, Bill Barrett wrote:
Running 2.15.0 when opening the decodes window the continents are blank. Can you think why nothing is populating in that window.
Also in 2.15.6 the decodes window does not open/display at all on my Win7 Pro PC. Ideas?
Thanks once again.
Bill W2PKY
Are you sure you mean "continents" are blank or is that a typo and should read as "contents"? If the later, you need to enable Decodes collection under the "Window -> Decodes" section of the Settings window.

On the Win7 PC is the "JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe" process running, check using taskmanager? If it is there should be a corresponding taskbar entry for the Decodes window. If there isn't then likely your PC protection software is interfering and preventing its execution. Another possibility is that your Win7 PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements. The Decodes window is based on new .NET code and as such requires at least the 4.7.2 .NET framework to be installed and for Win7 it needs to be at a minimum SP1. The JTAlert installer should warn if either of those requirements are not met, but the installer code is not 100% when trying to determine the state of your Windows environment especially with old Windows installations.

de Laurie VK3AMA