Topics

Idea for Text Message Users

WB8ASI Herb

Laurie,   I'm a big fan of using the Decodes Window, and like being able to have recent option of reducing my Display Lines to zero.  I would still like to see if my QSO partner is using Text Messaging, but now I don't see the "underline".   Not exactly sure where best to show it?   I still use the Log Fields view, so maybe an underline or green spot on callsign for those online chat?   Or some indicator on the Decodes Window for those available for an online Test Message thank-you.  73, Herb WB8ASI

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/11/2020 11:26 am, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
Laurie,   I'm a big fan of using the Decodes Window, and like being able to have recent option of reducing my Display Lines to zero.  I would still like to see if my QSO partner is using Text Messaging, but now I don't see the "underline".   Not exactly sure where best to show it?   I still use the Log Fields view, so maybe an underline or green spot on callsign for those online chat?   Or some indicator on the Decodes Window for those available for an online Test Message thank-you.  73, Herb WB8ASI

Here you go...

From the release notes of the next JTAlert release...
  New Features:

    - Decodes Window Online Indicators: Callsigns that are online for text message
       receipt will be shown with an underline, the same as the main JTAlert
       Callsigns display. A new online indicator, a filled circle, can be shown
       in the top-right corner of the Callsign display cell.

    - Text Messages: Can now be initiated via the Callsign right-click context menu
       of the Decodes Window.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB8ASI Herb

Thanks so much Laurie.  Having fun this evening using the Decodes Window underlining for text to quickly say thanks for the QSO, and tossing in any other comment if we make a connection.  Makes a good connection beyond just the basic QSO.   My friend often asks me if I'm on my FAX machine rather than on my radio. LOL

Guy G4DWV 4X1LT

If I want more than a basic QSO, I do not use any JT/FT modes. Simples!
--
73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT