Topics

locked Icom 7300/wsjt/JTalert/AClog

J Murray

Hello,
After a week or so  of on and off playing with the above it appears to be working.  One thing I'm not sure about is that if I click on a callsign in wsjt as I did prior to using JTalert it immediately fills in a new call line in aclog without actually  working the station.  So, I have to clear it.  If I work a station and click on log it the info is entered  okay in aclog.  I may be doing things wrong.  How can I avoid having a signal I click on being displayed in ac/log w/o actually working it.  Also, what is the proper way to log.  The square comes up in wsjt after working a station in J8 what is the proper way to log to aclog at that point.  I assume it is the log button ??  Any help would be appreciated.
jim/k2hn  (ol'fogi)

Kevin k5vp

Jim,

I’ve got jtalert set to log the contact when i send 73 or RR73.

Kevin

k5vp

On Jan 2, 2020, at 3:00 PM, J Murray via Groups.Io <adkmurray@...> wrote:

Hello,
After a week or so  of on and off playing with the above it appears to be working.  One thing I'm not sure about is that if I click on a callsign in wsjt as I did prior to using JTalert it immediately fills in a new call line in aclog without actually  working the station.  So, I have to clear it.  If I work a station and click on log it the info is entered  okay in aclog.  I may be doing things wrong.  How can I avoid having a signal I click on being displayed in ac/log w/o actually working it.  Also, what is the proper way to log.  The square comes up in wsjt after working a station in J8 what is the proper way to log to aclog at that point.  I assume it is the log button ??  Any help would be appreciated.
jim/k2hn  (ol'fogi)

J Murray

Thanks, I'll look around the program and see where to set that.
tnx agn
jim/k2hn

On Thursday, January 2, 2020, 06:46:29 PM EST, Kevin k5vp <k5vp@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave Garber

aclog puts the contact in the line, but unless you save it, it will go away, if you click on someone else

also if you hit the escape key in wsjt call box, all will clear, including jtalert and aclog

its clogs way of checking on previous contacts with that call
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 6:00 PM J Murray via Groups.Io <adkmurray=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,
After a week or so  of on and off playing with the above it appears to be working.  One thing I'm not sure about is that if I click on a callsign in wsjt as I did prior to using JTalert it immediately fills in a new call line in aclog without actually  working the station.  So, I have to clear it.  If I work a station and click on log it the info is entered  okay in aclog.  I may be doing things wrong.  How can I avoid having a signal I click on being displayed in ac/log w/o actually working it.  Also, what is the proper way to log.  The square comes up in wsjt after working a station in J8 what is the proper way to log to aclog at that point.  I assume it is the log button ??  Any help would be appreciated.
jim/k2hn  (ol'fogi)

neil_zampella

I don't believe that's a JT-Alert setting, and its only valid in WSJT-X in contest mode, you have to click on the LOG QSO button in WSJT-X to log otherwise.

Neil, KN3ILZ

J Murray

Thanks Dave,
Good to know it was doing the right thing.  In the mean time after firing up the 3 programs I found that no signals were showing up in wsjt or jt alert.   Spent a lot of time trying to figure out why but wound up deleting JTalert.  Booting up only wsjt still no signals showing but after fiddling with the bar graph they began to show.  Don't know why, never had need to touch the settings there.  Will reinstall JTalert and give it another go.  Troubling how things work okay when you shut down but next time up things go South??
Regards,
jim/k2hn

On Friday, January 3, 2020, 05:57:31 AM EST, Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:

[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 3/01/2020 9:21 am, J Murray via Groups.Io wrote:
After a week or so  of on and off playing with the above it appears to be working.  One thing I'm not sure about is that if I click on a callsign in wsjt as I did prior to using JTalert it immediately fills in a new call line in aclog without actually  working the station.  So, I have to clear it.  If I work a station and click on log it the info is entered  okay in aclog.  I may be doing things wrong.  How can I avoid having a signal I click on being displayed in ac/log w/o actually working it.  Also, what is the proper way to log.  The square comes up in wsjt after working a station in J8 what is the proper way to log to aclog at that point.  I assume it is the log button ??  Any help would be appreciated.
jim/k2hn  (ol'fogi)
If you don't want ACLog getting a Callsign change when you click a decode in WSJT-X then you need to turn off the "Enable sending of new DX Call..." setting in JTAlert Settings, "Logging -> ACLog" section. Look to the top of the settings section, just below the Enable checkbox.

de Laurie VK3AMA

J Murray

Thank you very much.  Not a bad thing but did not know if that was normal.
Regards,
jim/k2hn

On Friday, January 3, 2020, 09:06:56 PM EST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

[...]

Laurie/Group
After some tweaking 7300, WSJT/JTalert/ ACLog all running perfectly. Very nice program.  Is there any preferable sequence to booting up these programs?
Thanks,

On 7/01/2020 7:25 am, J Murray via Groups.Io wrote:
Is there any preferable sequence to booting up these programs?
Thanks,
jim/k2hn
The only critical startup sequence is that WSJT-X has to be running before JTAlert. But JTAlert already takes care of that by presenting a popup message and pauses until WSJT-X has started.

de Laurie VK3AMA

J Murray

Many Thanks!

On Monday, January 6, 2020, 05:47:41 PM EST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 7/01/2020 7:25 am, J Murray via Groups.Io wrote:
Is there any preferable sequence to booting up these programs?
Thanks,
jim/k2hn
The only critical startup sequence is that WSJT-X has to be running before JTAlert. But JTAlert already takes care of that by presenting a popup message and pauses until WSJT-X has started.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Scott Davis

Hi Laurie,

I wrote you direct on December 12th with some thoughts on QSO verification.  It's nothing urgent and there is no need to reply.  I just wanted to make sure you received the e-mail.

73, Scott
N3FJP

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...