Topics

HRD Logging Issue

ve7gtc

I use the latest JTDX,  JTAlert, and HRD. There has never been a problem until now. Under normal conditions, JTAlert logs to HRD automatically, instantly. However, if I open up the DX Cluster pane in Ham Radio Deluxe and connect to the cluster, it will take about 3 minutes of staring at an hourglass before the contact logs. I have tried reloading both HRD and JTAlert. The problem disappeared for 2 or 3 contacts, then started again. Any opinions appreciated

Gus  K2GT

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/11/2019 10:45 am, ve7gtc wrote:
I use the latest JTDX,  JTAlert, and HRD. There has never been a problem until now. Under normal conditions, JTAlert logs to HRD automatically, instantly. However, if I open up the DX Cluster pane in Ham Radio Deluxe and connect to the cluster, it will take about 3 minutes of staring at an hourglass before the contact logs. I have tried reloading both HRD and JTAlert. The problem disappeared for 2 or 3 contacts, then started again. Any opinions appreciated

Gus  K2GT
Gus,

Have you recently upgraded HRD? If so, did it occur with the previous HRD release?
I note the has been some recent chatter on the HRD Forum regarding Cluster issues.

Which window is showing the waiting cursor, JTAlert or HRD?

If it is JTAlert, does the problem reoccur if you don't have the HRD DX Cluster open?

What Log type are you using in HRDLogbook, Access, MySQL (MariaDB) or MSSQL?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michael Black

Try switch to MariaDB...that solved a similar problem for another HRD user.

On Sunday, November 3, 2019, 03:16:06 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 1/11/2019 10:45 am, ve7gtc wrote:

Gus  K2GT
Gus,

Have you recently upgraded HRD? If so, did it occur with the previous HRD release?
I note the has been some recent chatter on the HRD Forum regarding Cluster issues.

Which window is showing the waiting cursor, JTAlert or HRD?

If it is JTAlert, does the problem reoccur if you don't have the HRD DX Cluster open?

What Log type are you using in HRDLogbook, Access, MySQL (MariaDB) or MSSQL?

de Laurie VK3AMA

ve7gtc

Thanks for the replies. The hourglass cursor was in HRD, not JTAlert. I tried an old version of HRD, but no difference.  Then I decided to try MariaDB (was Access).  The youtube video Mike linked to was great, I installed MariaDB, and the problem is solved. I also downloaded and installed Log4OM which is pretty nice and may be the winner. Tnx again,
73  Gus  K2GT

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/11/2019 12:25 pm, ve7gtc wrote:
Thanks for the replies. The hourglass cursor was in HRD, not JTAlert. I tried an old version of HRD, but no difference.  Then I decided to try MariaDB (was Access).  The youtube video Mike linked to was great, I installed MariaDB, and the problem is solved. I also downloaded and installed Log4OM which is pretty nice and may be the winner. Tnx again,
73  Gus  K2GT
Gus,

Thanks for the update.

How large (how many QSOs) is your HRD Log?

de Laurie VK3AMA

ve7gtc

Hi Laurie,
There are about 12,000 contacts in the log. It didn't appear to be a problem with HRD, but it is a definite problem with Log4OM in terms of time it takes to log the contact. i have adjusted the recent qso's to 2k so it can log in the time frame allowed by JTAlert. Both logging programs are perfect now. I simply have to make a choice.

73 de Gus  K2GT