locked How Does JT Alert Update HRD Logbook?

n3ps@...

Via what "mechanism" does JT Alert update QSOs into HRD Logbook.  Is it using a UDP, updating the DB directly or how?

To be clear, I'm not asking for configuration instructions, I'm just trying to under the mechanics of how it updates . . .
--
Paul / N3PS

g4wjs

On 17/05/2021 15:56, n3ps via groups.io wrote:
Via what "mechanism" does JT Alert update QSOs into HRD Logbook.  Is it using a UDP, updating the DB directly or how?

To be clear, I'm not asking for configuration instructions, I'm just trying to under the mechanics of how it updates . . .
--
Paul / N3PS
Hi Paul,

I believe mechanism for the current version of HRD is that JTAlert uses the HRD TCP/IP server API to enter QSOs. That means that the internal logic of HRD to derive fields is used. I also believe worked before queries are made by direct read-only access to the HRD logbook database tables, this probably because HRD logbook doesn't provide any mechanism to look up arbitrary QSO details.

Before the HRD logbook TCP/IP API worked properly (pre v6) I believe the only way for JTAlert to enter new QSOs was to directly insert records into he HRD logbook database tables.

Bill
G4WJS.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/05/2021 1:13 am, g4wjs wrote:
I believe mechanism for the current version of HRD is that JTAlert uses the HRD TCP/IP server API to enter QSOs. That means that the internal logic of HRD to derive fields is used. I also believe worked before queries are made by direct read-only access to the HRD logbook database tables, this probably because HRD logbook doesn't provide any mechanism to look up arbitrary QSO details.

Before the HRD logbook TCP/IP API worked properly (pre v6) I believe the only way for JTAlert to enter new QSOs was to directly insert records into he HRD logbook database tables.

Bill
G4WJS.

All that is correct. Tnx Bill.

de Laurie VK3AMA