locked How do I stop DX Alert from sounding when a station (normally stateside) is calling DX

Edited

How do I stop DX Alert from voice sounding when a station (normally stateside) is just calling DX in their call?  I have looked everywhere and can not find the solution.

Any help appreciated.

Glenn
K4ZOT

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/09/2021 8:39 am, GLENN - K4ZOT wrote:
How do I stop DX Alert from voice sounding when a station (normally stateside) is just calling DX in their call?  I have looked everywhere and can not find the solution.

Any help appreciated.

Glenn
K4ZOT

JTAlert doesn't have and has never had a voiced Alert for stations calling CQ DX.

If it is the DXCC Alert that is being triggered that will be because the Country of the Alerting callsign is set as needed in JTAlert. The DXCC Alert does not trigger on the CQ direction word.

de Laurie VK3AMA

OK, Tnx Laurie.  I will check my settings some more.

Glenn
K4ZOT

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 15/09/2021 8:43 am, GLENN - K4ZOT wrote:
OK, Tnx Laurie.  I will check my settings some more.

Glenn
K4ZOT
If your getting DX Alerts on US stations calling CD DX, then very likely you have the USA still set as needed for that Band and Mode in JTAlert.

What log type are you using with JTAlert? Are you periodically performing the "Alert Database Rebuild" to get the internal alerting lists updated with your latest confirmations in your log? Or are you manually maintaining the list of Countries still needed ?

de Laurie VK3AMA