Topics

Highlighting the CQ CALL GRID in WSJT-X

David Gould

I have been told that JTAlert can update the display in WSJT-X by highlighting the "CQ CALL GRID" part of a CQ message. (This surprised me but I have verified it this morning)

The highlighting of the major requested alerts (new DXCC/slot, new State/slot or new Zone/slot) all work as expected.  My query is about what I would call run-of-the-mill QSOs, where in WSJT-X (with default colours) the CQs are displayed as black text on light green background. (case 1)

I can see that the calls that are identified in the JTAlertX window are the ones that are being passed to WSJT-X and causing the "CQ CALL GRID" block in WSJT-X to be highlighted as white text on a dark green background? (case 2)  I would like to understand the logic for the highlighting of some calls and not others.

I have done an analysis of about 50 CQs  the most common situation (but not consistent) is that case 1) shows stations who I have worked before on at least one band, and case 2) shows stations who I have not worked before on any band. Is this what is supposed to be the case, or am I missing some additional logic?

I have had the situation (once) where I have worked a case 2) station and after logging it, further CQs by that station continue to show as case 2)

I have had the situation (few) where a case 2) station exists in my log from some previous QSO

I have had the situation (many) where a  case 1) station does not exist in my log.

So from the evidence of the 50 CQs, I cannot deduce what the logic is for case 1) and case 2).  So I am not sure if my understanding is incomplete, or some of my settings are missing or inconsistent.

73,

Dave  G3UEG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/08/2019 8:32 pm, David Gould wrote:
[...]

Dave,

If you don't want JTAlert alert coloring being applied to WSJT-X, turn
it off. Settings window, "Applications -> WSJT-X" section, "Color Band
Activity Callsigns/Exchanges..." checkbox.

You need to be aware that WSJT-X coloring is independent of JTAlert
coloring. WSJT-X uses its own adif file while JTAlert uses whatever
logger you have set in JTAlert. Unless both are synchronised there
will be differences

Also WSJT-X coloring is based on Band worked, while JTAlert,
by default, considers Band and Mode, so JTAlert may indicate a new
Dxcc, while WSJT-X will not if that Dxcc was
previously worked on the Band but a different Mode.

de Laurie VK3AMA