Topics

Help setting up B4

Mark

Hello all,

I have WSJT-X (Version 2.3.0) and JTAlert (Version 2.16.17) installed on my Windows 10 computer.

Both applications seem to run properly.

But I can’t get the B4 to appear for prior QSOs.  Precisely what steps (and settings) do I need to get the B4 indication enables?

Tnx & 73,

Mark, K6FG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/02/2021 2:13 pm, Mark via groups.io wrote:

I have WSJT-X (Version 2.3.0) and JTAlert (Version 2.16.17) installed on my Windows 10 computer.

Both applications seem to run properly.

But I can’t get the B4 to appear for prior QSOs.  Precisely what steps (and settings) do I need to get the B4 indication enables?

Tnx & 73,

Mark, K6FG

All JTAlert B4 checks are done against the logger you have enabled in JTAlert. Note: B4 checks do not utilize the WSJT-X log file.

If you are not using a logger with JTAlert ("NO Log" shown in titlebar text), than JTAlert will use a special file just for B4 checks. However, this file starts off empty and only adds entries  when you log a QSO in WSJT-X. You can pre-populate this "B4 database" with old QSOs by doing an import from an adif file. See the "Logging -> Log B4 Database" section of the JTAlert Settings window if you want to do an import.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mark

Thank you Laurie.  That did the trick.

73,