locked Help needed

davebacon1377

Good Day,

This has stopped me from being able to download the new version. My knowledge on computers is limited.  Do you have any idea how I can get rid of this problem?

I am using Windows Defender.

Thank you in advance for your help.

73,

Sam Bacon

KD2T

Oriental NC

USA

AB8WD-Willie

Follow these steps to temporarily turn off real-time Microsoft Defender antivirus protection in Windows Security. However, keep in mind that if you do, your device may be vulnerable to threats.

  1. Select Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection Manage settings (or Virus & threat protection settings in previous versions of Windows 10).

  2. Switch Real-time protection to Off. Note that scheduled scans will continue to run. However, files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned until the next scheduled scan.

    Download the file after doing this and the install should go fine after that follow the same steps to turn it back on hope this helps

Chuck Adams

Sam,

From where did you download the latest version of JTAlert?

I would backtrack, delete the downloaded file, and try to re-download and re-install.

Chuck

KV4VT

This has stopped me from being able to download the new version. My knowledge on computers is limited.  Do you have any idea how I can get rid of this problem?

I am using Windows Defender.

Thank you in advance for your help.

73,

Sam Bacon

KD2T

Oriental NC

USA

Larry Banks

Hi Sam,

Wait a few days and it will be whitelisted and download OK.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:25

Good Day,

This has stopped me from being able to download the new version. My knowledge on computers is limited.  Do you have any idea how I can get rid of this problem?

I am using Windows Defender.

Thank you in advance for your help.

73,

Sam Bacon

KD2T

Oriental NC

USA

chas cartmel

Many AV software flag JTA as ‘suspicious’ as they have a limited user base to establish it’s veracity.
If you download to an ‘exempt’ folder then make the install folder ‘exempt’ by adding it to a white list of safe locations then all will be well for this and future installs. Laurie provides virus check data on the site by the download link.

This has been flogged to death over the years, with the same advice provided time and time again.

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there

I would backtrack, delete the downloaded file, and try to re-download and re-install.

Chuck

KV4VT

This has stopped me from being able to download the new version. My knowledge on computers is limited.  Do you have any idea how I can get rid of this problem?

I am using Windows Defender.

Thank you in advance for your help.

73,

Sam Bacon

KD2T

Oriental NC

USA

For more info visit www.bullguard.com

Michael Lizzio

I experienced the same problem and reported the problem to support@hamapps with a screen shot yesterday.. In my case I downloaded the latest version from https://hamapps.com/.

Regards... Mike WA2TOP

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 6:40 AM Chuck Adams <cfadams@...> wrote:

Sam,

From where did you download the latest version of JTAlert?

I would backtrack, delete the downloaded file, and try to re-download and re-install.

Chuck

KV4VT

This has stopped me from being able to download the new version. My knowledge on computers is limited.  Do you have any idea how I can get rid of this problem?

I am using Windows Defender.

Thank you in advance for your help.

73,

Sam Bacon

KD2T

Oriental NC

USA

Michael Lizzio

Since I was a victim of identity theft a few years back and in my work provided support for IT SCADA for a major petroleum pipeline company for many years. theaths that are identified by the tools we have at hand must be taken seriously.

I really enjoy using JTALERT but will not assume that things can't go wrong. If an AV software flags it unsafe I will heed the warning. You know what happens when you assume.

Thank you for the use of an excellent program.

Mike WA2TOP