Topics

Help

Pedro Alonso

When I try to download the Callsign Database I get  a message that it may harm my computer. Will not let me download. I am using Windows 10

Thank you,

KB6DKK

73’S

Michael Black

You're using Microsoft Edge?  It warns you about all sorts of downloads now....

You just have to click the "..." and "Keep"...then on the popup click "More" and "Keep anyway".

Or switch to a browser that doesn't nag you so much and doesn't track you like the Brave browser.

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 04:17:32 PM CDT, Pedro Alonso via groups.io <dkk47@...> wrote:

When I try to download the Callsign Database I get  a message that it may harm my computer. Will not let me download. I am using Windows 10

Thank you,

KB6DKK

73’S

Pedro Alonso

Thank you Mike, it worked.
Simple if you know what to do😂
Thanks again

On Apr 6, 2021, at 2:33 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

You're using Microsoft Edge?  It warns you about all sorts of downloads now....

You just have to click the "..." and "Keep"...then on the popup click "More" and "Keep anyway".

Or switch to a browser that doesn't nag you so much and doesn't track you like the Brave browser.

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 04:17:32 PM CDT, Pedro Alonso via groups.io <dkk47@...> wrote:

When I try to download the Callsign Database I get  a message that it may harm my computer. Will not let me download. I am using Windows 10

Thank you,

KB6DKK

73’S

Pedro Alonso

Mike, what is the small square on the top right corner of the callsign alert window? I know the small triangles are for LoTW and eQSL

Thank you

On Apr 6, 2021, at 2:51 PM, Pedro Alonso <dkk47@...> wrote:

Thank you Mike, it worked.
Simple if you know what to do😂
Thanks again

On Apr 6, 2021, at 2:33 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

You're using Microsoft Edge?  It warns you about all sorts of downloads now....

You just have to click the "..." and "Keep"...then on the popup click "More" and "Keep anyway".

Or switch to a browser that doesn't nag you so much and doesn't track you like the Brave browser.

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 04:17:32 PM CDT, Pedro Alonso via groups.io <dkk47@...> wrote:

When I try to download the Callsign Database I get  a message that it may harm my computer. Will not let me download. I am using Windows 10

Thank you,

KB6DKK

73’S

Richard Williams

I believe that means he is signed is using JTAlert, and you can left click on the callsign and sent him test message (like you are on the wrong time slot!!).

Dick, K8ZTT

Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man.
What is first, you ask? Landing, of course.
"A good aviator will always have his take-offs plus landings divisible by 2!"