Topics

locked Hello

Bry Carling AF4K <af4k@...>

I’m really looking forward to this and it sounds like the latest version of JtALERT has finally fixed my biggest pet peeve ever! Disappearing call signs in the boxes! I think over the last two or three years a lot of people probably gave up on using the app for messaging one another, sadly.

How many people on this list use the chat feature while they are running FT8 machine codes?

Best regards - Bry Carling, AF4K

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/01/2020 8:17 am, Bry Carling AF4K wrote:
I’m really looking forward to this and it sounds like the latest version of JtALERT has finally fixed my biggest pet peeve ever! Disappearing call signs in the boxes!

Not sure what your looking forward to. The next release doesn't introduce any major new features, it is primarily bug fixes or performance tweaks.

Callsigns don't just disappear, they get cleared and replaced with new Callsigns from the new decode period. If you want to see past callsigns your best to have the Decodes window open. If the Decodes window fails to show new entries after each period, than you need to go into the JTAlert Settings (not the Decodes Settings) and tick the "Enable Decodes" checkbox in the "Window -> Decodes" section.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bry Carling AF4K <af4k@...>

Perhaps you’re reading different release notes from me then, because I just downloaded the newest release and the ones I read said that you now have a timer that can extend the amount of time the callsigns appear in the boxes on JT Alert.

Perhaps my imagination is a lot more fertile than I thought it was today.

On Jan 11, 2020, at 4:57 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 12/01/2020 8:17 am, Bry Carling AF4K wrote:
I’m really looking forward to this and it sounds like the latest version of JtALERT has finally fixed my biggest pet peeve ever! Disappearing call signs in the boxes!

Not sure what your looking forward to. The next release doesn't introduce any major new features, it is primarily bug fixes or performance tweaks.

Callsigns don't just disappear, they get cleared and replaced with new Callsigns from the new decode period. If you want to see past callsigns your best to have the Decodes window open. If the Decodes window fails to show new entries after each period, than you need to go into the JTAlert Settings (not the Decodes Settings) and tick the "Enable Decodes" checkbox in the "Window -> Decodes" section.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bry Carling AF4K <af4k@...>

Also - The disappearing was still happening with whatever version I was using about six months ago.

[...]

J F

I have received and sent text messages with JtAlert. The feature that now lets you know if a ham is offline or online is nice.  Reasons for sending texts have been wide ranging from letting a ham know how their signal is or if they need to check their time. Sometimes its just a HI to a know ham. I think it is a nice feature.

On Saturday, January 11, 2020, 3:49:46 PM CST, Bry Carling AF4K <af4k@...> wrote:

I’m really looking forward to this and it sounds like the latest version of JtALERT has finally fixed my biggest pet peeve ever! Disappearing call signs in the boxes! I think over the last two or three years a lot of people probably gave up on using the app for messaging one another, sadly.

How many people on this list use the chat feature while they are running FT8 machine codes?

Best regards - Bry Carling, AF4K

Bry Carling AF4K <af4k@...>

Yes, I think it is super nice. Seems like few people
know about or use it though. It's a great alternative
for a mode that pretty much muzzles you beyond
a sig report and Grid.  I quite often email people
after an FT8 or other digi contact to say hello.

Sincerely,

73 - Brian "Bry" Carling, AF4K CRYSTALS Co.
Sanford, Florida
A4941, G3XLQ, WB4FPH, WN4NRR, AF4K.
The Carling Group, LLC
http://af4k.com/crystals.htm

I have received and sent text messages with JtAlert. The feature that now lets you know if a ham is offline or online is nice.  Reasons for sending texts have been wide ranging from letting a ham know how their signal is or if they need to check their time. Sometimes its just a HI to a know ham. I think it is a nice feature.

On Saturday, January 11, 2020, 3:49:46 PM CST, Bry Carling AF4K <af4k@...> wrote:

I’m really looking forward to this and it sounds like the latest version of JtALERT has finally fixed my biggest pet peeve ever! Disappearing call signs in the boxes! I think over the last two or three years a lot of people probably gave up on using the app for messaging one another, sadly.

How many people on this list use the chat feature while they are running FT8 machine codes?

Best regards - Bry Carling, AF4K

Andrew OBrien

Never used it

Andy

On Jan 11, 2020, at 4:49 PM, Bry Carling AF4K <af4k@...> wrote:

 I’m really looking forward to this and it sounds like the latest version of JtALERT has finally fixed my biggest pet peeve ever! Disappearing call signs in the boxes! I think over the last two or three years a lot of people probably gave up on using the app for messaging one another, sadly.

How many people on this list use the chat feature while they are running FT8 machine codes?

Best regards - Bry Carling, AF4K

Russ Ravella

Use it all the time - love it!

On 12/01/2020 9:01 am, Bry Carling AF4K wrote:
Perhaps you’re reading different release notes from me then, because I just downloaded the newest release and the ones I read said that you now have a timer that can extend the amount of time the callsigns appear in the boxes on JT Alert.

Perhaps my imagination is a lot more fertile than I thought it was today.

Best regards - Bry Carling, AF4K
Bob,

When you said "you were looking forward" I interpreted that meant to some future version, not the current release.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bry Carling AF4K <af4k@...>

Shrug - I am not sure Laurie...  I suppose I was talking about using JT Alert again and hopefully talking with some fellow hams, which hasn.'t worked well for me in ages. The Callsigns would always disappear before I could use it to contact them. Since the JT65 & JT9 days.

Since you didn;t supply a quote of what I was sying I can only imagine that is what I was looking forward to:
A working JT Alert. I tried fror years with only little success.

I will give it a try today and see how it goes!  I am fairly certain that is what I was talking about.

Sincerely,

73 - Brian "Bry" Carling, AF4K CRYSTALS Co.
Sanford, Florida

On 12/01/2020 9:01 am, Bry Carling AF4K wrote:
Perhaps you’re reading different release notes from me then, because I just downloaded the newest release and the ones I read said that you now have a timer that can extend the amount of time the callsigns appear in the boxes on JT Alert.

Perhaps my imagination is a lot more fertile than I thought it was today.

Best regards - Bry Carling, AF4K
Bob,

When you said "you were looking forward" I interpreted that meant to some future version, not the current release.

I'm sure you were referring to the callsigns getting cleared when you transmit....that has been improved now and is absolutely wonderful.

de Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, January 12, 2020, 05:10:09 AM CST, Bry Carling AF4K <af4k@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you for understaning Mike, and I will be delighted to try it over the next couple of days as I get time...

Sincerely,

73 - Brian "Bry" Carling, AF4K xtl