Topics

locked hamspots.net


Michael Black
 

Is hamspots.net down?  I'm getting some sort of info page

Inline image


Mike W9MDB



HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 13/11/2020 10:07 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Is hamspots.net down?  I'm getting some sort of info page



Your image shows that the style sheet (css file) is not being loaded.

Try clearing your browser cache and then reloading the HamSpots page.

If you examine the source of the HamSpots page you will see the style-sheet link. It will be similar to this...
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://hamspots.info/css/blue_1000_01102019.125424.css" media="screen" />

You can confirm that hamspots.info (where the css file is hosted) is reachable by going to https://hamspots.info/ which should result in a simple display of
"[hamspots.info]"

de Laurie VK3AMA


Michael Black
 

I figured out that Malwarebytes was blocking hamspots.info quietly under the covers.

Reported it as a false positive and they should be fixing it soon.

Mike 







On Thursday, November 12, 2020, 06:33:06 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 13/11/2020 10:07 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Is hamspots.net down?  I'm getting some sort of info page




Your image shows that the style sheet (css file) is not being loaded.

Try clearing your browser cache and then reloading the HamSpots page.

If you examine the source of the HamSpots page you will see the style-sheet link. It will be similar to this...
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://hamspots.info/css/blue_1000_01102019.125424.css" media="screen" />

You can confirm that hamspots.info (where the css file is hosted) is reachable by going to https://hamspots.info/ which should result in a simple display of
"[hamspots.info]"

de Laurie VK3AMA


Michael Black
 

FYI...

Malwarebytes fixed the problem on the latest update.

Mike W9MDB




On Thursday, November 12, 2020, 06:33:06 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 13/11/2020 10:07 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Is hamspots.net down?  I'm getting some sort of info page




Your image shows that the style sheet (css file) is not being loaded.

Try clearing your browser cache and then reloading the HamSpots page.

If you examine the source of the HamSpots page you will see the style-sheet link. It will be similar to this...
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://hamspots.info/css/blue_1000_01102019.125424.css" media="screen" />

You can confirm that hamspots.info (where the css file is hosted) is reachable by going to https://hamspots.info/ which should result in a simple display of
"[hamspots.info]"

de Laurie VK3AMA


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 14/11/2020 2:11 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I figured out that Malwarebytes was blocking hamspots.info quietly under the covers.

Did Malwarebytes give any indication as to why it felt it necessary to block HamSpots.info in order to protect you?

de Laurie VK3AMA


Michael M. Felack
 

No Laurie,
Everything was previously fine and without warning on Wednesday my Hamspots display in Chrome went to text only on my PC.  Cleared cache and cookies and it still stayed text only.  Tried with Microsoft Edge and the same thing happened - text only.  Another post mentioned Malwarebytes as the culprit but by then I was in jail and couldn’t test it.

 


From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> on behalf of HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...>
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 8:09 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] hamspots.net
 
On 14/11/2020 2:11 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I figured out that Malwarebytes was blocking hamspots.info quietly under the covers.

Did Malwarebytes give any indication as to why it felt it necessary to block HamSpots.info in order to protect you?

de Laurie VK3AMA


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 14/11/2020 12:36 pm, Michael M. Felack wrote:
Everything was previously fine and without warning on Wednesday my Hamspots display in Chrome went to text only on my PC.  Cleared cache and cookies and it still stayed text only.  Tried with Microsoft Edge and the same thing happened - text only.  Another post mentioned Malwarebytes as the culprit but by then I was in jail and couldn’t test it.


What do you mean by "I was in jail"? Are you getting an "Access Denied" message? If so, than likely your IP address has been blocked at the Server firewall. Send me you IP address and I will check. Use whatsmyip.org to find your IP.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Michael M. Felack
 

You IP Address has been banned from this domain

73.183.94.155

 

I thought it might time-out after a while and le t me back in but I remained locked up… HI, HI

Mike WA3WOM

 

 

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 8:59 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] hamspots.net

 

On 14/11/2020 12:36 pm, Michael M. Felack wrote:

Everything was previously fine and without warning on Wednesday my Hamspots display in Chrome went to text only on my PC.  Cleared cache and cookies and it still stayed text only.  Tried with Microsoft Edge and the same thing happened - text only.  Another post mentioned Malwarebytes as the culprit but by then I was in jail and couldn’t test it.

 


What do you mean by "I was in jail"? Are you getting an "Access Denied" message? If so, than likely your IP address has been blocked at the Server firewall. Send me you IP address and I will check. Use whatsmyip.org to find your IP.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Laurie, VK3AMA
 



On 14/11/2020 1:18 pm, Michael M. Felack wrote:

I thought it might time-out after a while and le t me back in but I remained locked up… HI, HI

Mike WA3WOM

Try now.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Michael M. Felack
 

Thanks Laurie!!!  Works now!!!

 

I spent nearly 35 years in IT for Comcast and AT&T but since my big stroke in February I am not as sharp as I once was.  I usually remote control my PC and rig from my IPAD downstairs on the couch so JTALERT makes my operating so much better!!!  THANK YOU!!!

 

I have achieved DXCC on 40, 20, and 15M and WAS on 80, 40, 30, and 20M so far using a Drake TR7 and a 5BTV vertical at ground level.  Couldn’t have done it without you.

 

73

Mike WA3WOM

WA3-Worn-Out-Mike

 

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laurie, VK3AMA
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 9:45 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] hamspots.net

 

 

On 14/11/2020 1:18 pm, Michael M. Felack wrote:

I thought it might time-out after a while and le t me back in but I remained locked up… HI, HI

Mike WA3WOM

Try now.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Michael Black
 

Of course not...I've had similar problems before and there's never a reason.  I figure it's either automated or done by # of users accessing the site (minimal # that happen to be hams and use hamspots)
Mike



On Friday, November 13, 2020, 07:09:47 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 14/11/2020 2:11 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I figured out that Malwarebytes was blocking hamspots.info quietly under the covers.

Did Malwarebytes give any indication as to why it felt it necessary to block HamSpots.info in order to protect you?

de Laurie VK3AMA