Topics

Hamapp

John Profita

So being new to this. I downloaded the programs as per the instruction. I tried opening the program and I was able to put in my callsign. After that it came up on the screen downloading. But nothing happens, I waited for about 20 minutes and it didn't load. Using windows 10. I tried on multiple computers, windows 8.1 and windows 7 professional. Still the same problem, Sorry to look like a dunce here, but its frustrating! Also, I do have the Microsoft 4.5 net on each computer.

Tnx, John
ND1X

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/02/2020 3:27 am, jwpjjj@... wrote:
So being new to this. I downloaded the programs as per the instruction. I tried opening the program and I was able to put in my callsign. After that it came up on the screen downloading. But nothing happens, I waited for about 20 minutes and it didn't load.  Using windows 10.  I tried on multiple computers, windows 8.1 and windows 7 professional. Still the same problem, Sorry to look like a dunce here, but its frustrating! Also, I do have the Microsoft 4.5 net on each computer.

Tnx, John
ND1X

JTAlert doesn't download any files at startup.
What is the exact text of this downloading message?

de Laurie VK3AMA

John Profita

Laurie, the message says trying to download because Jtdx is not loaded? I’m guessing, being I have Log4OM, the jtdx and jtalert etc. gets loaded onto Log4OM? Please give if it looks like I am lost here.

On Thursday, February 13, 2020, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 14/02/2020 3:27 am, jwpjjj@... wrote:
So being new to this. I downloaded the programs as per the instruction. I tried opening the program and I was able to put in my callsign. After that it came up on the screen downloading. But nothing happens, I waited for about 20 minutes and it didn't load.  Using windows 10.  I tried on multiple computers, windows 8.1 and windows 7 professional. Still the same problem, Sorry to look like a dunce here, but its frustrating! Also, I do have the Microsoft 4.5 net on each computer.

Tnx, John
ND1X

JTAlert doesn't download any files at startup.
What is the exact text of this downloading message?

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB8ASI Herb

Not exactly sure what you have going but WSTJ needs to be running before you can open JTAlert.   I'm running Log4OM V2, and WSJT and JTAlert talk to the logging software, but are not loaded onto it.  73, Herb WB8ASI.

On 14/02/2020 12:38 pm, John Profita wrote:
the message says trying to download because Jtdx is not loaded? I’m guessing, being I have Log4OM, the jtdx and jtalert etc. gets loaded onto Log4OM? Please give if it looks like I am lost here.

That is not any message JTAlert displays. I assume what your seeing is the same as this image, no mention of downloading.

This message is shown because JTDX needs to be running before JTAlert can continue its startup process.
You just need to start JTDX and JTAlert will then continue.

If this is not the window your seeing, please post a screen-capture of the window (please, no images of your entire desktop, just the window, and no cell phone images)

de Laurie VK3AMA

John Profita

Laurie, that is exactly what I am seeing on the screen. So if I run LOG4OM do I need to install into it?  Or does log4om pick it up automatically?  Which IMHO it doesn't'

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:17 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 14/02/2020 12:38 pm, John Profita wrote:
the message says trying to download because Jtdx is not loaded? I’m guessing, being I have Log4OM, the jtdx and jtalert etc. gets loaded onto Log4OM? Please give if it looks like I am lost here.

That is not any message JTAlert displays. I assume what your seeing is the same as this image, no mention of downloading.

This message is shown because JTDX needs to be running before JTAlert can continue its startup process.
You just need to start JTDX and JTAlert will then continue.

If this is not the window your seeing, please post a screen-capture of the window (please, no images of your entire desktop, just the window, and no cell phone images)

Log4OM has nothing to do with JTAlert starting.

It's just the JTDX has to be running before JTAlert will start.

So make sure JTDX is started first.

On Friday, February 14, 2020, 09:26:54 AM CST, John Profita <jwpjjj@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you, it is working now. Much appreciated

Tnx, John
ND1X