Topics

locked [Ham-Apps] Trying to get JT-Alert to work with HRD logger

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi Ray,

You should get a popup window after logging, advising either success or failure. If you are not getting any popup, then it sounds like you don't have the correct path set for the Log file, or DSN if using MSSQL or MySQL.

You are correct, JT-Alert writes an entry to the HRD Log File (MS Access .mdb file) or the HRD ODBC Database connection (if using MSSQL or MySQL). If you are unclear on which method you are using you will need to read the "HRD Logbook.pdf" that gets installed in the HRDV5 program directory. Someone must have set your log up initially, most likely using the standard MS Access .mdb file.

You need to determine what sort of log type your using and then either set the file path under the "HRD V5 (Access)" section of the JT-Alert config or set the appropriate ODBC DSN under the "HRD V5 (ODBC DSN)" section of the JT-Alert config.

The log file of "plot log mapper.adi" is not correct, the extension should be .mdb, the name will be what ever was used when initially setting up you HRD log.

I'm hoping someone with HRD experience jumps in here to offer you some more HRD instruction.

Let us know how you go

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 17-October-2011 14:10, w7rjc wrote:
Hi all,

I have tryed most of the afternoon to get JT-Alert to work with HRD logger .. to no avail. I don't even get any nasty grams.
I have done the &#92; thing in JT65 as suggested.
Perhaps I don't understand it's purpose .. I am expecting it to write a record to the HRD logger file. Is that what it is suppose to do?
If not then what can I expect it to do? (maybe its working and I don'd know it.

I'm running HRD Ver. 5 2893 ; win7 home premiun 64Bit ; JT65 v.1.0.7

I'm also not sure about the file NAME and LOCATION of the HRD log file.I have been using "plot log mapper.adi" ... Is that correct?

Thanks for any and all help. Ray W7RJC