locked [Ham-Apps] Re: [jt65-hf] JT-Alert 1.5 Need Help making it log to DX-Keeper

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi David,

I have added additional troubleshooting popup warnings of critical conditions with JT-Alert and Logging and will be in 1.5.1

Are you getting a popup failure message when logging to DXKeeper? If not, it is most likely the recently identified missing backslash at the end of the JT65-HF Log path. Please see the message titled "## IMPORTANT ## - Bug in JT-Alert 1.5.0 logging."

If you have already confirmed that the Backslash is not the problem, I need to have a look at the session file JT-Alert creates. Under XP, have a look at the following path
C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Ham-Apps\JT-Alert\\sessions\
Under Win7 (I assume also Vista) have a look at this path
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Ham-Apps\JT-Alert\\sessions\
substituting your Windows username and the Callsign used with JT-Alert. In that directory will be several files.

First, run JT-Alert and attempt to log a QSO so that the failure gets recorded in the session file, stop JT-Alert and then email me the sessions.txt file from the above directory.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 18-October-2011 23:26, David Westbrook wrote:
Laurie -- I just noticed I have the same issue ...
I tried starting jt-alert before DXK, and starting DXK before Jt-alert, in case the connection between the two was lost, but still isn't logging.

Otherwise, everything looks great! Yesterday was the first time i really got to sit and play w/the new version, and it's all that I expected from the reflector traffic .. the band activity monitoring and the lotw/eqsl labels are great features ...
I also did some testing of the WAS DXK log scanning, and seems solid! Saves lots of clicking & counting

--david
KJ4IZW

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Bob KD7YZ <kd7yz.bob@...> wrote:
When I switched a couple days ago I went thru the config but must have
missed something as it hasn't been logging. It was a surprise to me and
I had a few to read from JT65-log and type back into DX-Keeper.

Today I reverted to 1.4 without any config changes and it's logging again.

In 1.5, I've selected:
Logging: Enabled; JT65; DXLab:DxKeeper-logfile
Callsign DtBASES: dxlAB DX Lab Suite

missing anything ?
_._,___