From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of jgmags2000
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 5:27 PM
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: [Ham-Apps] Re: Alert 1.5

Please explain to me how? How do you shut down all the background programs to get the usage down that low. I have 2.6gb processor AMD64 and 4gb memory and the lowest cpu usage I get is 38%.

73, John
--- In Ham-Apps@..., John wrote:

> Hi John.
> I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and with IE9 9 Tabs open,
> Thunderbird checking 4 email accounts every minute, HRD for rig control,
> JT-65HF + JT-Alert 1.5.0 plus of course anti virus etc
> CPU usage is running at below 3% except when decoding when it can peak
> at 14%. Memory usage is about 2.3Gb (6Gb fitted).
>
> I really haven't noticed any difference but I think it would take a lot
> to slow this thing down!
>
> 73, John G4GCL
>
> On 16/10/2011 16:26, jgmags2000 wrote:
> >
> > New version has slowed my computer to a crawl. Apps take inordinate
> > time to load.. Windows 7 64 bit. Anyone else experiencing this?
> >
> > 73, John KJ1J

Don Leitch <don@...>

Now there,s a question how would you ever know ? If I have HRD  and dm780 running its about 3 to 5 %, as soon as I move the mouse its 58% and with the hrd log running its up as much as 85%

Don zl1atb

I run  win 7 64 bit 8 gb ram intel 2.13 dual core