locked [Ham-Apps] Lost Logbook

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi Scott,

If you are uncomfortable with manually editing your log file, email it
to me direct and I will correct it
The problem is that the DXCC code field,which is a number, in your HRDV5
log has no data and HRD chokes.

The only way I have been able to reproduce that happening is to log a
callsign using the JT65-HF "Log Contact" window and entering the
Callsign there while there is no callsign entered on the main JT65-HF
window in the "TX to Call Sign" field. JT-Alert uses the callsign on the
main window to determine the DXCC, CQ, ITU, etc. Since that data is
missing, because of the no callsign, no DXCC is Sent to the HRD log.

I am working on the fix. I had never anticipated people would log
without first having the QSO entered on the main screen.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 19-October-2011 23:39, Scott wrote:
Laurie,

I have had no problem logging from the JT Alert since I downloaded it on Sunday, and have probably logged over 100 QSO's successfully. This morning I worked two JT65 QSO's on 10 meters and logged them. When I did a refresh on the logbook, I got an error (see logfile). I tried to do a repair of the database and got a message Driver's ConfigDSN, ConfigDriver, or COnfigTranslator failed.

Can you help me out here? I have Win7 64 bit, the latest V5.2893, and 1.0.7. Any ideas please? Until this morning it's been completely trouble free and I love the JT Alert update!

73 Scott
KN3A

08:29:46 Database Opening 'DSN=HRD My Logbook - Access'
08:29:46 Database Open status 1
08:29:46 Database Opening 'HRD My Logbook - Access'
08:29:46 Database Open status 1
08:29:46 Database Timeout ..: 120 seconds
08:29:46 Database Open status 1

08:29:47 Reload Error: Getting 24011 records -
08:29:47 Reload Error: SELECT COL_PRIMARY_KEY,COL_ADDRESS,COL_AGE,COL_A_INDEX,COL_ANT_AZ,COL_ANT_EL,COL_ANT_PATH,COL_ARRL_SECT,COL_BAND,COL_BAND_RX,COL_BIOGRAPHY,COL_CALL,COL_CHECK,COL_CLASS,COL_CNTY,COL_COMMENT,COL_CONT,COL_CONTACTED_OP,COL_CONTEST_ID,COL_COUNTRY,COL_CQZ,COL_DISTANCE,COL_DXCC,COL_EMAIL,COL_EQ_CALL,COL_EQSL_QSLRDATE,COL_EQSL_QSLSDATE,COL_EQSL_QSL_RCVD,COL_EQSL_QSL_SENT,COL_EQSL_STATUS,COL_FORCE_INIT,COL_FREQ,COL_FREQ_RX,COL_GRIDSQUARE,COL_HEADING,COL_IOTA,COL_ITUZ,COL_K_INDEX,COL_LAT,COL_LON,COL_LOTW_QSLRDATE,COL_LOTW_QSLSDATE,COL_LOTW_QSL_RCVD,COL_LOTW_QSL_SENT,COL_LOTW_STATUS,COL_MAX_BURSTS,COL_MODE,COL_MS_SHOWER,COL_MY_CITY,COL_MY_CNTY,COL_MY_COUNTRY,COL_MY_CQ_ZONE,COL_MY_GRIDSQUARE,COL_MY_IOTA,COL_MY_ITU_ZONE,COL_MY_LAT,COL_MY_LON,COL_MY_NAME,COL_MY_POSTAL_CODE,COL_MY_RIG,COL_MY_SIG,COL_MY_SIG_INFO,COL_MY_STATE,COL_MY_STREET,COL_NAME,COL_NOTES,COL_NR_BURSTS,COL_NR_PINGS,COL_OPERATOR,COL_OWNER_CALLSIGN,COL_PFX,COL_PRECEDENCE,COL_PROP_MODE,COL_PUBLIC_KEY,COL_QSLMSG,COL_QSLRDATE,COL_QSLSDATE,COL_QSL_RCVD,COL_QSL_RCVD_VIA,COL_QSL_SENT,COL_QSL_SENT_VIA,COL_QSL_VIA,COL_QSO_COMPLETE,COL_QSO_RANDOM,COL_QTH,COL_RIG,COL_RST_RCVD,COL_RST_SENT,COL_RX_PWR,COL_SAT_MODE,COL_SAT_NAME,COL_SFI,COL_SIG,COL_SIG_INFO,COL_SRX,COL_SRX_STRING,COL_STATE,COL_STATION_CALLSIGN,COL_STX,COL_STX_STRING,COL_SWL,COL_TEN_TEN,COL_TIME_OFF,COL_TIME_ON,COL_TX_PWR,COL_WEB,COL_USER_DEFINED_0,COL_USER_DEFINED_1,COL_USER_DEFINED_2,COL_USER_DEFINED_3,COL_USER_DEFINED_4,COL_USER_DEFINED_5,COL_USER_DEFINED_6,COL_USER_DEFINED_7,COL_USER_DEFINED_8,COL_USER_DEFINED_9,COL_CREDIT_GRANTED,COL_CREDIT_SUBMITTED FROM [TABLE_HRD_CONTACTS_V01] ORDER BY COL_TIME_ON DESC, COL_CALL DESC
08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second

08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

Scott

Laurie,

How and where can I send the log file to? At this point I don't think I'm going to be able to do this, plus I'm going to have to ask you what exact file I'm looking for to send to you.

I don't use the Log Fields feature. I do know this morning while working a Russian station I wanted to see what the Log Field does, and it appeared it had no use to me. I'm wondering if just the fact I had that enabled and I had clicked in a couple of those fields that I had this issue today?

Thanks for your help!

Scott
KN3A

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...> wrote:

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

Scott,

you can send the log file (I assume you are using a MS Access file under HRDV5) direct to the email address that should be visible in this email.

The extra log fields was provided so that items like Name, QTH, and other data that user may wish to have in the log and is not provided by JT65-HF, will get saved to the log when logging is complete. This was provided to avoid the need to then access the HRD, DXKeeper, whatever logging application to add/change that information after it was in the log.

Clicking in those fields shouldn't have produced the problem you saw. I have added some additional error checking into the logging code to do an additional callsign DXCC check (if it is missing) to avoid logging missing DXCC number to the log.

If you wish to try the new 1.5.1 beta email me. In this new version, I have been unable to break the HRD log.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

�

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

I see your email address as groups03(at)vkdxer(dot)com.

I'm still not sure what you want me to send you. I am using HRDV5, using Win7. What is the name of this file? And, once I get my logbook back, I would be very happy to beta test for you.

Scott

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...> wrote:

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

HRD5 should be able to tell you the name of the file. It will be wherever you named it when setting up HRD. The file name will also be visible in the JT-Alert config window, unless you are using the ODBC DSN option, if so the will have to go back to HRD to find out what file the ODBC DSN is pointing to by looking at the settings of the individual DSN. Unless you are using MSSQL or MySQL for the database for HRD logging, then there is no individual file to email me and you would have to use the appropriate database management tools as outline in the HRD documentation somewhere. If you don't have MSSQL or MySQL for logging, then there will exist a .mdb file somewhere that is the log file. MSSQL and MySQL are not installed by HRD and has to be done by the end-user, so if you don't know what I am talking about, then the odds are you aren't using those methods.

Maybe someone on the list with more HRD experience can help you locate the file. I don't use HRD except for testing purposes.

Let me how you get on.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 20-October-2011 10:02, Scott L. wrote:
> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

Don Leitch <don@...>

Scott

Try ................. c:/users/yourname/appdata/roaming/simon brown hb9drv/hrd logbook/HRD mylogbook.dat

The files maybe hidden,   if you cant see them, in which case you need to “show” them

Don zl1atb

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

Don,

I believe I can see all hidden folders. I know when I had to start over a week ago with the new hard drive, there was a setting to view hidden folders because I originally wasn't able to view "appdata" which was hidden. Is it possible there's hidden files within just the HRD Logbook? I see HRD My Logbook.ldb and HRD My Logbook.mdb. I sent Laurie a link to Dropbox which includes my HRD My Logbook.mbd - hope that helps him. Or, if there's another way to bring hidden folders in this specific directory, I'd like to know how to enable them.

Thanks for your help Don.

Scott
KN3A

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Don Leitch <don@...> wrote:

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

Yes thats the ones, sorry I gave you the wrong extension   type

Don zl1atb

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

Will Laurie need the HRD My Logbook.ldb in addition to the .mdb one? He's got the My Logbook.mdb from my dropbox link I sent earlier to him.

Scott
KN3A

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Scott L. <scolit@...> wrote:
> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

Hi Don,

Thanks for the help.

I got the required file from Scott. It took longer to download than it did to fix the QSO causing the log to fail loading. Scott has been sent the repaired file.

The JT-ALert bug causing this to happen (very rare) has been corrected in the 1.5.1 release which is now in the hands of some beta testers.

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 20-October-2011 12:28, Don Leitch wrote:

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

Did you get my email with the DropBox link to your repaired log file?

No the .ldb file is not needed.

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 20-October-2011 12:30, Scott L. wrote:
> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

I am really not sure  which one he needs , I am only getting to grips with windows 7, I have been an xp user ,for so long and this new system gets me . I have only just worked out how to show the attributes, oops

If he has both then I guess you are safe. Don zl1atb

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

No, I did not. Sorry. Can  you send it again to me? My direct email is scolit(at) gmail(dot)com

Thanks for fixing!

Scott

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...> wrote:

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

Resent. The email contains links to beta files and Gmail may have see the email as spam. Check your spam folder

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 20-October-2011 12:38, Scott L. wrote:
> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

I check my spam folder - no emails at all. You're doing scolit@... when you send? If you use GTalk, I can be reached on there too as scolit@... if you want to send me the link that way. I'm really astounded that I'm not getting your emails??

Scott

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...> wrote:

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

I was replying to your original direct email, the address was correct.
Have resent again using one of my other (one of many) email addresses,
this time also a Gmail account.

Laurie, VK3AMA

scolit@gmail.com <mailto:scolit@gmail.com> when you send? If you use
GTalk, I can be reached on there too as scolit@gmail.com
<mailto:scolit@gmail.com> if you want to send me the link that way.

*From:*Ham-Apps@yahoogroups.com.au
<mailto:Ham-Apps@yahoogroups.com.au>

wrote:

> [...]

FROM [TABLE_HRD_CONTACTS_V01] ORDER BY
COL_TIME_ON DESC, COL_CALL DESC

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character
value for cast specification on column
number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in
1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second

> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

I'm really sorry, I'm getting nothing on Gmail from you at all. I have no spam filters set or anything. They're just not getting to me. Try sending to scottpa1960@... is the only other thing I can say to try.

Scott

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...> wrote:

> [...]

> 08:29:47 Reload Error: Invalid character value for cast specification on column number 23 (COL_DXCC)
> 08:29:47 Reload Loaded 0/24011 records in 1125 miliseconds, 0.0 records per second
>
> 08:29:47 General Loading class CLogfileFrame

I just got it and downloading it from Dropbox right now. Wow, it sure is a lot smaller file now. I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe a bunch more emails will be coming tonight? Thank you very much for the personal attention you gave me tonight.

73 Scott
KN3A