locked [Ham-Apps] JT-Alert on OS X/Crossover for Mac

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi Dave,

At this time running under Wine is not supported. If you get it running under Wine, there is a know issue, that will crash JT-Alert when the mouse is moved over the JT65-HF window.

Regarding the "type Object" error. That is thrown when there is a problem when there is an MS Access error (I haven't added all the necessary error trapping in the code yet). The repeating errors back and forth during the ADIF import are because the MS Access code is aborting on each database query being generated. I resolved this during my initial Linux testing a few months ago. You need to have Jet40 & MDAC2.8 installed. I did that using winetricks.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 16-October-2011 17:06, Dave Wright wrote:
Got it up and running partially, on OS X Lion using Crossover for Office, but have some major errors.

First of all, I did the install and have it running.  It is showing the bands activity. I went in an configured the options for alerts, etc..that I was interested in.  Have come across the following errors:

When trying to import a .adi file of previously logged JT65, for use the B4 log, it gives me the error showing in file Err1.jpg, where it references Line 1289 and says that the "Variable must be of type "Object""

When trying to run with the option for running on Linux under Wine/Crossover, I get the error shown in file Err2.jpg; where it references Line 8545 and "Variable used without being declared."

Finally, when running, if I get past all of this, I get the errors shows in err3 followed by err4, repeating back and forth until I terminate the program.  Both may be related to the way JT-Alert functions in Crossover.

I hope the images are coming through ok, for reference.  If not, I can zip them up and email them directly.

73

Dave

--
Dave Wright
K3DCW

"Real radio bounces off the sky"

Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...>

Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...>

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi Dave,

If I am not overwhelmed with support emails once everyone in the States crawls out of bed and discovers the new version, I should have time to revisit the Linux/Wine/Crossover code this week. The code is 90% written and I need to integrate it into the main JT-Alert code.

Your on my beta test list.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 16-October-2011 17:45, Dave Wright wrote:
Actually…getting MDAC/Jet installed was easy in Crossover.  A couple of quick downloads and they were installed.  ADIF imported quickly and easily, and it is now running with no problems….however, as you said, if I mouse over the JT65-HF window, it all decides to go out to lunch and stop working….

On Crossover for Mac, the titlebar looks just fine.  Screenshot attached.

I changed the colors around a bit, and it is working fine.

Again, if you need testing, let me know…I'm more than willing to help get this running on Crossover for Mac (and Wine/Crossover for Linux).

73

Dave

--
Dave Wright
K3DCW

"Real radio bounces off the sky"

On Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Dave Wright wrote:

Ok regarding WINE.  I'll hold off for a bit.  I remember you saying that you were working on it for Wine/Crossover…thought that I'd give it a shot.  When you get a working version, let me know and I'll be happy to test.