locked [Ham-Apps] HRD Logging

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

OK John,

Not getting a "success" or "fail" popup usually means that JT-Alert didn't try and log anything because it didn't detect a change in the JT65-HF log file. When you added the backslash to the JT65-HF log path did you stop and start JT65-HF and JT-Alert as mentioned in the instructions? If so, then there is most likely something else causing the problem.

I need to have a look at the session file JT-Alert creates. Since your on XP, have a look at the following path
C:&#92;Documents and Settings&#92;<UserName>&#92;Local Settings&#92;Application Data&#92;Ham-Apps&#92;JT-Alert&#92;<CallSign>&#92;sessions&#92;
substituting your Windows username and the Callsign used with JT-Alert. In that directory will be several files.

First, run JT-Alert and attempt to log a QSO so that the failure gets recorded in the session file, stop JT-Alert and then email me the sessions.txt file from the above directory.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 18-October-2011 13:01, jj.wrobleski@att.net wrote:
Laurie,

I'm having trouble getting JT-Alert to log into HRD. I saw your bug notice regarding the need to add a backslash in the Log Contact window of JT65-65 and have done that. Additionally, I've ensured that I have logging enabled and am using HRD V5 (Access).

I am running JT65-HF v 1.0.7, WindowsXP under VMWare Fusion on an Intel based Mac. I do not get any notice that the logging attempt has failed. The contact is logged into the JT65-HF file, but nothing shows up in HRD. I've tried checking HRD V5 (OBCD DSN) with similar results, but as "HRD My Logbook.mdb" is the file name, I assume I should use the Access option.

Thanks for the help, and thanks especially for the great software.

John KF2H