locked [Ham-Apps] How to freeze a position on screen for new startup ?

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi Damien,

There were changes made in 1.5.1 to support multi-monitors and also code to prevent JT-Alert or its configuration window from opening off screen (fully or partially). Maybe I introduced a bug.

Can you please send me 2 screen-captures. One showing where JT-Alert is positioned on startup (the incorrect position) and the other showing JT-Alert in your preferred position. Please email them to me direct as attachments.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 22-October-2011 20:43, FORESTIER wrote:
Hi,

I'm testing the new 1.5.1 version and would like first to thanks Laurie for this very great job !
I have a little request : When I start JT-Alert 1.5.1 it appears on left side (vertical position) and at the middle (horizontal position) of the screen.
I moved it to my favorite position on the screen but on the next startup this position is to recorded. Everything was working fine on 1.5.0
I use Win7 64bit with 3 screens and WinXp laptop (1 screen) with the same result.
Any idea ?

73 - Damien F5RRS

W5ADD@arrl.net

On Oct 22, 2011, at 4:58 AM, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

There were changes made in 1.5.1 to support multi-monitors and also code
to prevent JT-Alert or its configuration window from opening off screen
(fully or partially). Maybe I introduced a bug.

Works fine here now in 1.5.1, stays right in place.

Windows 7 (64-bit) / Parallels 7 - w/multiple desktop views.

--
Parker, W5ADD

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi Parker,

Thanks for the feedback. Works fine here as well.

BUT, I have just discovered some flawed logic in my code that doesn't take into account where the secondary display is to the left or above the primary display which would produce negative (but valid) position values as all positions are relative to the primary display.

This would be causing the effect reported.

de Laurie, VK3AMA