locked [Ham-Apps] Error message after saving to DXKeeper

David Westbrook

Laurie -- looks like missing quote around the JT65 string value ...
Are those single quotes (as opposed to something different than the string literal quoting) around the column names correct?
What's the purpose of the exact frequency match in there (as opposed to band match)?

(and is this even jt-alert generated sql, or something DXK's doing?)

--david
KJ4IZW

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM, ON2AD <on2ad@...> wrote:

Hello Laurie, VK3AMA

After saving QSO I become three error messages:

here the 2 (same) error message:

1. Sorry, there appears to be an error!
err.description is : Syntaxisfout (komma) in query-expressie ('Mode'= JT65') AND ('Freq'=14,07658) AND ('QSO_Begin'=CDate('2011/10/17 14:09:00'))AND('Call'='IZ5TIZ').
err.windescription:
err.number is: 80020009
err.lastsllerror is: 0
err.scriptline is: -1
err.source is: Microsoft JET Database Engine
err.helpfile is:
err.helpcontext is: 5003000

I become this message two times and then the third message is:

JT-Alert QSO log - DXKeeper (in the heading)

(Red cross) FAILURE: QSO Not logged!
The QSO Data: Callsign: IZ5TIZ - Mode JT65 - Frequency: 14,07658
Note: The QSO is still saved to the JT65-HF Log File.

But the good news is that that QSO is saved in DXKeeper
Only I become those three erro
I use Win7 Professional 64 Bits

Hope you can solve this problem Laurie

73 de Pat ON2AD

PS: sorry for my bad English and type errors

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi David,

I'll walk through my code today. Not sure why the quote is missing around Mode. I personally use DXKeeper logging and I am surprised that it can be broken by the missing quote as the code is very stable. I suspect that the error message provided by Pat was not a 'copy & paste' but manually typed as the message appears in a popup window that doesn't support text selection and the use of single-quotes delimiting the column names is incorrect, as the query is coded using backticks.

The error is being thrown (I believe) buy the comma used as a decimal separator (defined in the OS regional settings) in the frequency breaking the query string. The Frequency field in the DXKeeper log is defined as numeric, so I cannot delimit the frequency using quotes as this throws an ADO error. This is some history as to why I am testing on Frequency rather than band and if I recall correctly it is related to some logs I examined in the early days of JT-Alert that had the frequency set but not the band. However, in this situation where I am testing the data that JT-Alert logged, the frequency is not needed as I am explicitly logging the Band and the Date/Time so the db query will only return the logged qso if it was indeed logged.

After all that, my apologies to the non-programmers among the members, it should be an easy fix.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

�