locked [Ham-Apps] Double-Click Decoded Callsign

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi Doug,

The double-click on callsign function to lookup callsign in DXKeeper was moved to a right-click context menu as of ver 1.5.0. This was done to free up the double-click event for a new feature in JT-Alert (not yet announced, still in test phase).

Thanks for the suggestion of minimalist DXLab install to have access to DXLab US, LoTW & eQSL database files. I chose not to do this for a couple of reasons. The DXLab files are distributed as uncompressed files, significantly larger (DXLab US file = 38MB, my US file = 9MB) than the files I provide, with a significant increase in download time. I also didn't feel comfortable requiring users to install further applications from another source just to get access to these files. Of course, if the user has the DXLab suite installed (like myself), then they don't have to install or upgrade the Ham-Apps database files. In the next release of JT-Alert, these files will no longer be distributed with the JT-Alert install and will be a separate download. I chose to have them packaged with the 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 releases so that new new features of JT-Alert 1.5.0, that use these files, could be experienced by all users without additional effort.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 24-October-2011 00:11, Doug Netherton VE3MCF wrote:
Hi Laurie,

First of all, let me congratulate you on a great application.
It appeared at just the right time to fulfill a great need.
I have more that 350 jt65 qso's, so searching the log for
duplicates is a great asset.

I'm not sure if my problem is a config problem or not.
In 1.4.1, I could double-click on a decoded callsign and
DXKeeper would do a search on the callsign and DXView
would also bring up information on the callsign.

In my 1.5.1 system, it just does nothing.
-------
DXView is 3.6.1, DXKeeper is 9.6.9, JT-Alert 1.5.1, JF65-HF 1.0.7

JT-Alert Parms:

- Logging set to DXKeeper - Works great
- DXLab - Perform DXKeeper lookup to new JT65-HF "TX to Call Sign"
           entry is ticked - Works great!  Can untick and function stops.
         - Allow DXKeeper lookup via callsign right-click
           context menu is ticked.
          - Allow Pathfinder  lookup via callsign right-click
           context menu is not  ticked as it is not installed.
- CallSign Databases set to use DXLab versions.  Recommend installing
           minimalist version of DXLab i.e. DXLauncher, DXView to install
           and maintain DXLab databases instead of "re-inventing wheel"
           to maintain JT-Alert versions.
-------
Doug,  VE3MCF