locked Gracefully shut down JTAlert v2.50

Is there a command line argument to gracefully shut down JTAlert?  I can kill it from the command line, but that is not graceful.

__________

Dan – K4SHQ

CFI/II

--
Dan - K4SHQ

Michael Black

Try
taskkill "JTAlert"

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, April 23, 2021, 11:43:07 AM CDT, Dan Malcolm <k4shq@...> wrote:

Is there a command line argument to gracefully shut down JTAlert?  I can kill it from the command line, but that is not graceful.

__________

Dan – K4SHQ

CFI/II

--
Dan - K4SHQ

Mike,

I am using “taskkill”  it works.  But if I changed the window position, it won’t be retained.  If I use JTAlert to shut itself down it will.

__________

Dan – K4SHQ

CFI/II

Is there a command line argument to gracefully shut down JTAlert?  I can kill it from the command line, but that is not graceful.

__________

Dan – K4SHQ

CFI/II

--
Dan - K4SHQ

--
Dan - K4SHQ

Michael Black

Try PowerShell...

Get-Process JTAlert |   Foreach-Object { $_.CloseMainWindow() | Out-Null }

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, April 23, 2021, 11:56:39 AM CDT, Dan Malcolm <k4shq@...> wrote:

Mike,

I am using “taskkill”  it works.  But if I changed the window position, it won’t be retained.  If I use JTAlert to shut itself down it will.

__________

Dan – K4SHQ

CFI/II

Is there a command line argument to gracefully shut down JTAlert?  I can kill it from the command line, but that is not graceful.

__________

Dan – K4SHQ

CFI/II

--
Dan - K4SHQ

--
Dan - K4SHQ

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 24/04/2021 2:42 am, Dan Malcolm wrote:

Is there a command line argument to gracefully shut down JTAlert?  I can kill it from the command line, but that is not graceful.

--
Dan - K4SHQ

Send a WM_CLOSE message or send a WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_CLOSE message will gracefully shutdown JTAlert.

How to send those windows messages from a command line is something you will need to research.

On 24/04/2021 2:56 am, Dan Malcolm wrote:

I am using “taskkill”  it works.  But if I changed the window position, it won’t be retained.  If I use JTAlert to shut itself down it will.

You can use taskkill /im JTAlert.exe to send a termination signal. It will trigger a WM_CLOSE to windows message queue.

Works for me.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Thanks Laurie.  That seems to have done the trick.  I had been using it with the ‘/f’ that apparently didn’t wait, but did kill it.  Without the ‘/f’ seems better.

Dan – K4SHQ

CFI/II