locked Getting QTH to show up in LogBook (works).

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-04-17 10:30 AM, WB5JJJ - George wrote:

The NON-working part:
The only thing remaining is that if you are NOT importing an ADI file
or using JTAlert to feed data to N3 ACL, the "QTH" field is not populated from a subscriber account on QRZ.com like the other fields
when a callsign is entered, even tabbing out of the callsign field
does not populate the QTH box or subsequent "Log Contact" function.
However, if you know the QTH, you can enter it at this point and when
you log the contact, it will be in the proper place in your log.
This would be a question for the developer of ACL - does his software
have provisions for callbook/QRZ/HamLog/etc. lookup? Suggest you
e-mail him or look for an ACL/N3FJP support group.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-17 10:30 AM, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
Thanks to Kim for pointing me in the right direction on this.  I now have the QTH working quite well for a couple of operations.  But one operation is still not.
The working parts:
Import from the previous logbook brings the QTH over as expected.  Running WSJTx/JTAlert also populates the QTH.  Here are the settings that I used to get it to work.  First off, WSJTx/JTAlert communications were unchanged.
Setup in JTAlert to send QTH to ACL for the contact and log it:
I made the following changes in the Settings >> Logging >> ACLog >> Log "Other" fields Additional Log Fields section.  Had to change the first "Other8" drop-down to "Other1" and checked the Enable logging QTH to this field.  For some reason I could not get the JTAlert default of "Other8" to work.
In N3 ACL:
I changed the following in Settings >> Other Field Titles and Fill Behavior as follows:
"Other1" was changed to "QTH" and None was still selected.  Under Settings >> Edit Fields Displayed, Position and Tab Order >> Customize Your Configuration, I moved "Other1" up the list to below Name and checked "Visible on Main Form".  I also checked "Enable Repositioning of All Fields on Main Form" and moved the new "QTH" box after "Name".  Went back and unchecked the "Repositioning" option and clicked "Done".  Finally, I moved the new QTH column over into the visible area of the log before the State.  Now things are looking good.
The NON-working part:
The only thing remaining is that if you are NOT importing an ADI file or using JTAlert to feed data to N3 ACL, the "QTH" field is not populated from a subscriber account on QRZ.com like the other fields when a callsign is entered, even tabbing out of the callsign field does not populate the QTH box or subsequent "Log Contact" function.  However, if you know the QTH, you can enter it at this point and when you log the contact, it will be in the proper place in your log.
Is there something that I've missed to get this final step working to add QTH when not using the WSJTx/JTAlert modes?
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

WB5JJJ - George

I removed my original post as it was posted to the wrong group.  Sorry.  Been working with Laurie on another issue (obviously) and old brain cells failed me on this post.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ