Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 14:18
Subject: [HamApps] Future enhancement request

Would like the ability in the F5 text message system to:
1) Click on a call sign in the received messages dialog box to place it in the Callsign box to continue an earlier chat.
2) Show my outgoing messages as an option perhaps.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 12/01/2021 6:18 am, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
Would like the ability in the F5 text message system to:
1) Click on a call sign in the received messages dialog box to place it in the Callsign box to continue an earlier chat.
2) Show my outgoing messages as an option perhaps.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

Both those features plus more are already coded in a new Messaging window. It will likely not be in the next public release, but the one after that. It is ~90% feature complete, but has not been seen by the Test team yet.

To wet you're appetite, both outgoing and incoming messages are displayed (in time order) in a right-left aligned display, similar to skype. Outgoing messages can be automatically saved for reuse. Times can be displayed in either utc or local. Normally, I am apposed to using local times in Ham applications, but for a chat style program that only affects the local user, local times seem acceptable.

de Laurie VK3AMA