Topics

locked Filtering for Date in JTAlert

D. Scott MacKenzie

Hi All:

When scanning the log in JTAlert, is there a way to set it so it only looks at QSOs after a certain date?  For instance, I keep one log with all my contacts.  However, I moved 1/1/2000, so that my QTH for WAS changed.  I need to figure out the needed states based on the log data after 1/1/2000 – JTAlert works perfect for this.  I presently use DXLabs.

If there is no way to scan logs after a certain date, then I guess I would need to establish an alternative log to search with only WAS contacts?  Can I scan one log (containing the extracted WAS contacts), and another containing the DX files (whole log)?

Thank you

Scott aka KB0FHP

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/08/2020 8:26 am, D. Scott MacKenzie wrote:

When scanning the log in JTAlert, is there a way to set it so it only looks at QSOs after a certain date?  For instance, I keep one log with all my contacts.  However, I moved 1/1/2000, so that my QTH for WAS changed.  I need to figure out the needed states based on the log data after 1/1/2000 – JTAlert works perfect for this.  I presently use DXLabs.

If there is no way to scan logs after a certain date, then I guess I would need to establish an alternative log to search with only WAS contacts?  Can I scan one log (containing the extracted WAS contacts), and another containing the DX files (whole log)?

Thank you

Scott aka KB0FHP

Previously answered here https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/31261

In addition, no there is no way to restrict the log scanning for an individual Alert type to a different Log.

de Laurie VK3AMA

D. Scott MacKenzie

I am sorry Laurie – I didn’t see your response.  I apologize.

On 11/08/2020 8:33 am, D. Scott MacKenzie wrote:
In addition, no there is no way to restrict the log scanning for an individual Alert type to a different Log.

While I said the above about using different logs not being possible, using DXKeeper myQTH IDs will have the same affect as having different diffent (filtered) log for the State Alert. Using DXKeeper, set it to have different myQTH IDs for your different operating locations and then set the State Alert to use your current myQTH ID. The "Rebuild Alert Database" will consider only log QSOs from the enabled myQTH ID.

eg. here I have the State Alert set to only use QSO that have the "VK3AMA_QTH_1" myQTH ID, while the DXCC Alert has no myQTH ID set so all QSOs in the log are considered.

de Laurie VK3AMA

D. Scott MacKenzie

Thank you Laurie – I followed Dave’s instructions and got it done.  Thank you for your help