Topics

Field Day - FT8/FT4

D. Scott MacKenzie

All:

Modest effort this year – actually the first FD that I have actually been in country for the past 5 years or so.  It was a completely FT4/FT8 effort.  I used WSJT-X, JT-Alert and DXLabs for signal capture and logging.    Using a brick for a processor (I7-4770), Win10, 32Gb Ram and other miscellaneous hardware, I was able to make an all-digital FD without any issues, other than those self-inflicted.   Software worked as advertised without any error or hic-ups.  I was able to make contacts on each band 6M – 80M on either FT4 or FT8.  Everything worked just fine.

My results were less than stellar in terms of a body count, but that is the result of crap antennas.  All in all, for the couple of hours that I devoted to FD, it was a digital success.

Scott, aka kb0fhp

Ham Radio

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 01:00 PM, D. Scott MacKenzie wrote:
kb0fhp

10 meters was wide open during FD with FT4  and CW signals coming in  from all over the USA.

JTAlert worked very well although some ADIF fields such as “Class“  did not propagate to HRD

--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF Ottawa, Canada