Topics

Feature request: QRP parameter option in Scan Log and Rebuild

Gust ON6KE <gust.kegelaers.2010@...>

Hello guys,

I have a feature request that would make life as an OP a little easier again here.

Wouldn't it be great to have a QRP select box in Scan Log and Rebuild so that - if ticked - only QRP QSO's are selected to build the JTAlert index?
That way I could easily with the same call operate QRO and QRP and know what is a new one in QRO and QRP and what is not.

What do you think?
73 (72), good DX

Tom Melvin

Hi

Then you get into the definition of QRP and QRO they mean different things to everyone.

Additionally you would need to ensure all loggers support the TX_PWR field which may be an issue.

I _suspect_ it is a non-starter.

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 30 Nov 2019, at 07:07, Gust ON6KE <gust.kegelaers.2010@...> wrote:

Hello guys,

I have a feature request that would make life as an OP a little easier again here.

Wouldn't it be great to have a QRP select box in Scan Log and Rebuild so that - if ticked - only QRP QSO's are selected to build the JTAlert index?
That way I could easily with the same call operate QRO and QRP and know what is a new one in QRO and QRP and what is not.

What do you think?
73 (72), good DX

Larry Banks

Hi Gust,

How would you know that the station you are NOW working was QRP?  How would your logger know that the station already logged was QRP?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

I have a feature request that would make life as an OP a little easier again here.

Wouldn't it be great to have a QRP select box in Scan Log and Rebuild so that - if ticked - only QRP QSO's are selected to build the JTAlert index?
That way I could easily with the same call operate QRO and QRP and know what is a new one in QRO and QRP and what is not.

What do you think?
73 (72), good DX

Michael Black

I believe he's referring to when you add QRP to your call -- you really don't care about the other operator.

So, e.g, CQ W9MDB/QRP

And he'd like the ability to scan <STATION_CALLSIGN> only for calls logged with W9MDB/QRP

Right now you can do it with a separate log -- but if you're flipping around from QRP to higher power that's a bit of a pain.

de Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, November 30, 2019, 08:03:15 AM CST, Larry Banks via Groups.Io <larryb.w1dyj@...> wrote:

Hi Gust,

How would you know that the station you are NOW working was QRP?  How would your logger know that the station already logged was QRP?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

I have a feature request that would make life as an OP a little easier again here.

Wouldn't it be great to have a QRP select box in Scan Log and Rebuild so that - if ticked - only QRP QSO's are selected to build the JTAlert index?
That way I could easily with the same call operate QRO and QRP and know what is a new one in QRO and QRP and what is not.

What do you think?
73 (72), good DX

Tom Melvin

I wonder is that is an america’ism - looking at UK licence there are only really 4 suffix’s mentioned. I can’t see anything (or any forum type comments) on adding other  bits and bobs.

It may be the norm - no views either way myself - perhaps there will be an option in V3 (long way away) to switch operators or config files on the fly.

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 30 Nov 2019, at 14:19, Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Mike for the understanding!
Larry / W1DYJ

I have a feature request that would make life as an OP a little easier again here.

Wouldn't it be great to have a QRP select box in Scan Log and Rebuild so that - if ticked - only QRP QSO's are selected to build the JTAlert index?
That way I could easily with the same call operate QRO and QRP and know what is a new one in QRO and QRP and what is not.

What do you think?
73 (72), good DX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/11/2019 6:07 pm, Gust ON6KE wrote:
I have a feature request that would make life as an OP a little easier again here.

Wouldn't it be great to have a QRP select box in Scan Log and Rebuild so that - if ticked - only QRP QSO's are selected to build the JTAlert index?
That way I could easily with the same call operate QRO and QRP and know what is a new one in QRO and QRP and what is not.

What do you think?
73 (72), good DX
How would you be differentiating between QRO and QRP QSOs in your log?

Are you using a different Station Call like ON6KE/QRP or are you simply populating the TX_PWR field with a value below a defined threshold to indicate QRP operation?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gust ON6KE <gust.kegelaers.2010@...>

Hi Laurie,
It's via the TX_PWR data element that I can make the difference between QRO and QRP.

Gust ON6KE