Topics

Feature Request - Add QRZ to Rebuild Alert Database

Charlie Hoffman

Would it be possible to add the ability to use the QRZ logs for Rebuild of the Alert Database?

Since the current choices are only Card, eQSL, and LOTW, the only way I can get my databases
to agree with QRZ is to manually edit the contacts for each mode and band.   It's very time consuming.

Thanks for the consideration of my feature request.

Charlie
WD4CNO

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/10/2020 7:14 am, Charlie Hoffman wrote:
Would it be possible to add the ability to use the QRZ logs for Rebuild of the Alert Database?

Since the current choices are only Card, eQSL, and LOTW, the only way I can get my databases
to agree with QRZ is to manually edit the contacts for each mode and band.   It's very time consuming.

Thanks for the consideration of my feature request.

Charlie
WD4CNO

Send me an original, unedited, copy of your qrz adif file. Send it to me direct, not via this group.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Charlie Hoffman

My complete adi file has been sent to the address listed for you on QRZ.
If you need anything else, just ask.

73,
WD4CNO

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/10/2020 5:34 am, Charlie Hoffman wrote:
My complete adi file has been sent to the address listed for you on QRZ.
If you need anything else, just ask.

73,
WD4CNO
Charlie,

I received your file, thanks.

I have Good news and Bad news.
  • The Bad : I won't be extending JTAlert to explicitly consider QRZ confirmed QSOs as part of the Alert rebuild. Doing so will be a significant exercise requiring many UI changes, some of the internal databases would need restructuring and all the internal SQL queries would need changes to accommodate this alternate source of QSL verification.

  • The Good : I have extended the ADIF import process of JTAlert to detect a QRZ sourced adif file causing it to map any found <APP_QRZLOG_QSLDATE> fields to the generic <QZL_RCVD> adif field. Setting the rebuild scan to consider "Card" confirmations will automatically pick-up these QRZ specific confirmations.
Question, what purpose does the QRZ confirmation achieve? Are there wards being offered that will accepts this?

On 17/10/2020 10:10 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
<QZL_RCVD> adif field
Typo. That should be <QSL_RCVD>

de Laurie VK3AMA

Charlie Hoffman

QRZ has awards that are similar to LOTW.
The advantage to me is that most QRZ confirmations are instantaneous because of the way your program automatically adds each qso to the log.
If both parties are using JTAlert and have internet connections then the QSO gets instant confirmation.
An additional perk is that I have a higher confirmation rate from QRZ than from either LOTW, eQSL, HDRlog, or CLublog.
The graphic interface provided by QRZ is also much easier for the user in determining their award status and number and type of worked/confirmed stations.

I log everything to QRZ, HRD, and eQSL in real time - LOTW is only done once a day because I can only upload the contacts manually.
I've been using the QRZ export to LOTW feature to do that so I now can update LOTW every night before turning off the computers.
It only takes one click on 'export' to send the updates so it's quick and easy.

WD4CNO