Topics

Failure to log contacts in FT8 contest using JTAlert and N3FJP RTTY Roundup Log

etolpin@...

I was unable to log contacts using N3FJP Roundup Log.
I used FT8, version v2.0.0-rc5. After looking up the details for using JTAlert with the N3FJP ACLog, I followed the directions in the ATAlert help section to direct input to the N3FJP RTTY log.
However, after I made a qso, the summary of it in the WSJT-X program did not include the exchange that I sent (i.e.,  599 DE).  The RTTY log showed the station call in the appropriate entry box and the RST report of the contact and also the RST report that I sent. However, there was no state for the contact and the qso was not automatically submitted. 
To understand what might be happening, I filled in the summary of a qso for an "imaginary" contact ( i.e. WA3A). Here I filled into the summary the following: report sent, the report received, the exchange sent, and the exchange received.  The exchanges included the states. After hitting the ok button, I checked the RTTY log and again there was no state for the contact and the qso was not automatically submitted. However, the wsjx.log did contain these contacts but without a state or grid square of the contact. Clearly I could not use the RTTY log for a correct record of contacts.
I would appreciate your assistance in finding out my error in setting up JTAlert for this RTTY Log.
Thanks,
Gene, WA3V

Mark Johns

I had similar issues with the N3FJP RTTY Roundup log. JTAlert works great with NeFJP's Amateur Contact Log v.6.4 and up, but in the WSJT-X contest mode it would not pick up the state or serial number, and always returned an error that the contact wasn't logged (even if it had been). Also, the "B4" flag did not reliably appear in JTAlert when linked to the contest log, and the contest log did not flag duplicates as usual until the contact was logged (which is too late). Any assistance appreciated between now and the ARRL RTTY Roundup in January!

73, K0JM

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 3/12/2018 2:53 pm, etolpin@... wrote:
However, after I made a qso, the summary of it in the WSJT-X program did not include the exchange that I sent (i.e.,  599 DE).  The RTTY log showed the station call in the appropriate entry box and the RST report of the contact and also the RST report that I sent. However, there was no state for the contact and the qso was not automatically submitted. 
To understand what might be happening, I filled in the summary of a qso for an "imaginary" contact ( i.e. WA3A). Here I filled into the summary the following: report sent, the report received, the exchange sent, and the exchange received.  The exchanges included the states. After hitting the ok button, I checked the RTTY log and again there was no state for the contact and the qso was not automatically submitted. However, the wsjx.log did contain these contacts but without a state or grid square of the contact. Clearly I could not use the RTTY log for a correct record of contacts.
I would appreciate your assistance in finding out my error in setting up JTAlert for this RTTY Log.
Thanks,
Gene, WA3V
Gene,

Not logging of Contest exchanges was due to the exchange information not being available to JTAlert via the WSJT-X UDP interface over which the logging data is transmitted by WSJT-X.

Having said the above, I am now in possession of a pre-release build of WSJT-X that includes the Contest Exchanges in the logged QSO UDP packet. I am currently extending JTAlert to utilise the new Logging and Status UDP data.

I expect the next JTAlert public release will correctly log the WSJT-X Contest exchanges to all the supported Loggers. The N3FJP loggers will take some work as they don't accept standard ADIF STX_STRING and SRX_STRING data so I will need to extract the necessary data from the WSJT-X exchange depending on the Contest type.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Larry Krist

Laurie,

I used N3FJP RTTY Roundup 3.5 together with WSJTX 2.0.0-RC5 and JT AlertX 2.12.7 and the only problem I had was it did not transfer the state or DX#, I had to manually enter it. The Canadian PR's worked fine, no manual entering at all. The signal reports (RST R and RST S) all transferred fine.

Larry  N8CWU

On 12/3/2018 10:31 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 3/12/2018 2:53 pm, etolpin@... wrote:
Thanks,
Gene, WA3V
Gene,

Not logging of Contest exchanges was due to the exchange information not being available to JTAlert via the WSJT-X UDP interface over which the logging data is transmitted by WSJT-X.

Having said the above, I am now in possession of a pre-release build of WSJT-X that includes the Contest Exchanges in the logged QSO UDP packet. I am currently extending JTAlert to utilise the new Logging and Status UDP data.

I expect the next JTAlert public release will correctly log the WSJT-X Contest exchanges to all the supported Loggers. The N3FJP loggers will take some work as they don't accept standard ADIF STX_STRING and SRX_STRING data so I will need to extract the necessary data from the WSJT-X exchange depending on the Contest type.

de Laurie VK3AMA

etolpin@...

Laurie,

Thank you for letting me understand that the problem in logging during the FT8 contest was beyond my control.
In resonance with many others on this group, I am deeply appreciative of your fine work on JTAlert which has made logging in the WSJT modes very easy and made other functions readily available.

Gene,  WA3V