F5 chat window always "on top"

WB5JJJ - George

Running 2.50.6 and found that the chat box is now always on top.  That option is NOT checked and I even toggled it to make sure.  It also will NOT minimize as well.  I have to uncheck Position Locked so I could move it out of the way if I don't want to close it down with "x" all the time.
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/09/2021 1:04 am, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
Running 2.50.6 and found that the chat box is now always on top.  That option is NOT checked and I even toggled it to make sure.  It also will NOT minimize as well.  I have to uncheck Position Locked so I could move it out of the way if I don't want to close it down with "x" all the time.
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ
Hamshack Holine #4969

Something is very screwy with your PC environment if you cant minimize the Messaging window. As a first step, restart your PC and see if that resolves the issue.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB5JJJ - George

Rebooting only fixed the minimize option.  The root cause was having JTA "docked" to WSJTx on top.  It was like the middle option (JTAlert always on top of other windows) was checked, which it wasn't.  I toggled it as well, and it made no difference.  But undocking solved the problem.
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 16/09/2021 3:51 am, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
Rebooting only fixed the minimize option.  The root cause was having JTA "docked" to WSJTx on top.  It was like the middle option (JTAlert always on top of other windows) was checked, which it wasn't.  I toggled it as well, and it made no difference.  But undocking solved the problem.
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

George,

Sounds like you have the "Follow JTAlert window" option enabled.

With that option set, any change in the main JTAlert window bring-forward/minimize/restore window state will be reflected in any of the other windows with the "Follow JTAlert" option set. With JTAlert docked to WSJTX and WSJTX coming to the top of other windows, JTAlert will be dragged forward  and that state change is also applied to the other "Follow JTAlert" enabled windows.

de Laurie VK3AMA